Hacking Screwed by auto update

kutteke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys, I just got a wiiu and I hooked it up for the first time and did the whole setup process. Was dumb and connected it to the internet with the thought that it would first ask to update like with the 3ds. I had to get the door for someone and once i returned i picked up the controller and it was updating... :'(
Now on 5.5.1 can i even do anything right now in terms of hacks? Anything with the vwii?

thx a bunch for the answer. I do realise that a kernel exploit is out of the question.

kutteke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
One more question. I don't have any of the games for an exploit. I do however have wiiflow on my wii (wich can connect to eshop).
Would it work if i start lets say smash bros on my modded wii and then do a system transfer to my vwii?
Or do i need an actual disk to create savedata on the vwii in order for the exploit to work?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question. I don't have any of the games for an exploit. I do however have wiiflow on my wii (wich can connect to eshop).
Would it work if i start lets say smash bros on my modded wii and then do a system transfer to my vwii?
Or do i need an actual disk to create savedata on the vwii in order for the exploit to work?

Nah, that wouldn't work. The only way to get the HBC on the vWii is with HackMiiInstaller which can only be ran through games such a Smash, Lego Starwars, etc. I guess the only way to do it without the disk is with an IOSU exploit, but that hasn't come out yet.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want an exploitable WiiU acquire a 5.4 or lower system do not believe anyone telling you that an exploit for 5.5+ is en-route, coming or anything else, it's an elaborate troll. People have been claiming release dates for a 5.5 exploit for the last year and always disappear.

Here is everything you need for vWii mod, Lego Batman works and it's the cheapest common game at Gamestop with an exploit, Make sure you grab a 2GB card while you were there. If they are confused whether they have the 2GBSD cards(as they often are) tell them to check the old DS memory cards they piles of them.

And make sure to put Tubehax on your WiiU DNS so your system wont updates.

Last edited by jimbo13,
Reactions: Oh No
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want an exploitable WiiU acquire a 5.4 or lower system do not believe anyone telling you that an exploit for 5.5+ is en-route, coming or anything else, it's an elaborate troll. People have been claiming release dates for a 5.5 exploit for the last year and always disappear.

Here is everything you need for vWii mod, Lego Batman works and it's the cheapest common game at Gamestop with an exploit, Make sure you grab a 2GB card while you were there. If they are confused whether they have the 2GBSD cards(as they often are) tell them to check the old DS memory cards they piles of them.

And make sure to put Tubehax on your WiiU DNS so your system wont updates.

The 5.5.x IOSU exploit IS real (if you have seen @smealum 's emunand solution you would know that). It's just that it hasn't been released to the public yet. Why? I don't know, nobody knows, maybe some of the devs might, but the exploit is real. I hate when people call the exploit a "troll".

Reactions: Maximilious

kutteke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well i've been following smealum since first 3ds homebrew channel. and i've seen some posts about it aswell. that was why i went to buy this thing. When he has something to say about something like this, I believe him :). Anyway i'll be having fun with vwii and the few games the seller gave me while i wait ;). Have a pretty big backlog of games on a few systems anyway so I won't feel bad waiting for something.

I have already ordered lego indiana jones since that was the cheapest one of the bunch i could find on ebay. Dont have a gamestop here in europe I'm affraid. And i have a bunch of 3ds 2GB cards laying around ;).

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate when people spend $300 on a new WiiU because everyone keeps assuring them a 5.5 exploit is imminent then board jockeys berate them when they come back and ask about them. These exploits have had 3 declared release dates, at this point until someone releases something it is a troll.

Reactions: Oh No and Azeryn

kutteke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I went to the secondhand market ;) It used to be the right firmware :( because of my stupidity it now isn't.
I'm not sure if you followed the 3ds scene in the past but i think there were like 8 releasedates for the mod smealum was making. Eventually something will be released don't worry. Good things come to those who wait ;).

Reactions: H3llbender
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to the secondhand market ;) It used to be the right firmware :( because of my stupidity it now isn't.
I'm not sure if you followed the 3ds scene in the past but i think there were like 8 releasedates for the mod smealum was making. Eventually something will be released don't worry. Good things come to those who wait ;).

I agree with you 100%. These are the kind of people we need on the forums.

Reactions: kutteke

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have wiifow then I would think you could load hackmii without the disc. You could load digital versions of Lego star wars to run exploit and hackmii installer. Or other games. It will work.

Azeryn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate when people spend $300 on a new WiiU because everyone keeps assuring them a 5.5 exploit is imminent then board jockeys berate them when they come back and ask about them. These exploits have had 3 declared release dates, at this point until someone releases something it is a troll.

Mid January I went to purchase a Wii U. I read the whole sticky Definitive Guide. Safe firmware 5.3.2, current 5.5.1. It assures me that the 5.5.1 exploit was sure to come before Feb. So I said screw trying to find a used system, and I bought SMM bundle. Updated it to 5.5.1 right away so I could enjoy SMM online for a few weeks until exploit...

So Ya... it does suck for a lot of us here that got trolled by the "exploits" and what the guide said.

If the guide didn't mention a date, I would never have bought the SMM bundle and instead went on a search for a 5.3.2 system.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mid January I went to purchase a Wii U. I read the whole sticky Definitive Guide. Safe firmware 5.3.2, current 5.5.1. It assures me that the 5.5.1 exploit was sure to come before Feb. So I said screw trying to find a used system, and I bought SMM bundle. Updated it to 5.5.1 right away so I could enjoy SMM online for a few weeks until exploit...

So Ya... it does suck for a lot of us here that got trolled by the "exploits" and what the guide said.

If the guide didn't mention a date, I would never have bought the SMM bundle and instead went on a search for a 5.3.2 system.
I understand if you have some hurt feelings about it, but I actually don't feel one bit sorry for you. Why? Because the very next line of that said to STAY WHERE YOU ARE because of possibilities like this.

Definitive Guide said:
01/19/16: Hykem's IOSU Exploit for 2.0.0 to 5.5.1 expected __________*. Stay on whatever FW you are on for now and use TubeHax DNS to block updates!

*Edited the quote to _____ for release date because it once said "before February" because that's what Hykem said. He then came back and said before March, so I changed it to that. Now, for safety of all noobs, I've changed it to "whenever it's done."

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand if you have some hurt feelings about it, but I actually don't feel one bit sorry for you. Why? Because the very next line of that said to STAY WHERE YOU ARE because of possibilities like this.

This is why board Jockeys need to stop trolling every post when someone asks about 5.5 exploits with, "Right around the corner, tomorrow, imminent etc. It's not just this guide, it's dumb fanbois who lay awake at night wanting to suck up to devs insisting something is imminent when it's not.

Seriously start a fanpage or something to express you admiration for devs, and stop crapping on everyone who is trying to acquire an exploitable system.

There is no 5.5 exploit, anyone who gives a release date is lying, and it is all most likely an elaborate troll.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why board Jockeys need to stop trolling every post when someone asks about 5.5 exploits with, "Right around the corner, tomorrow, imminent etc. It's not just this guide, it's dumb fanbois who lay awake at night wanting to suck up to devs insisting something is imminent when it's not.

Seriously start a fanpage or something to express you admiration for devs, and stop crapping on everyone who is trying to acquire an exploitable system.

There is no 5.5 exploit, anyone who gives a release date is lying, and it is all most likely an elaborate troll.

Yo, I actually fucking laughed at this.

1.) Until you actually develop something useful for the community, and release it, you don't have the right to say shit.
2.) Believe it or not, there are actual people behind the scenes working on an exploit for people to use, while you're sitting on your ass shit-posting about the exploit not arriving on time.
3.) If you want an exploit so bad, then make it your fucking self! Maybe then people would actually bother to give a shit about what you're saying.

Last edited by H3llbender,
Reactions: kutteke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse