Screw M$

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by wyndcrosser, Dec 31, 2009.

Dec 31, 2009

Screw M$ by wyndcrosser at 6:41 AM (2,370 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. wyndcrosser
    OP

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Seriously, four xbox consoles within 1.4 months.. wtf. I started with new, crapped out, and went through 3 more refurb or used ones afterwards. I can recall my first xbox 360 I bought brand new in 2005 (IN IRAQ) not having any issues and we played the hell out of it with the heat and sand. I just got this one three days ago, I haven't played more than 4minutes on it and already the drive isn't reading discs....

How come my first xbox works so well... any my WII... My NDS... My PSP and hell even my PS3. Microsoft you suck and I hope a fat turd of a monkey lays a large mass of monkey feces on your doorstep.

EAT SH!T M$. Thanks for listening.

Btw Darksiders is a great game.

Wynd

2. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
  3. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    I've never bought an xbox or xbox360 and I'm glad....microsoft can't build sh!t, they just care about money and not quality, vista was enough proof of that. I'll never purchase a microsoft gaming console or operating system as long as I live! Go to hell MicroSh!t!

4. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    You have all the right to be upset over this, but chances are high this is just going to turn into a giant flame war. For now I'll leave this open but don't make me regret it.

5. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    I agree that the XBox is poorly built, but you can't say all Microsoft products are bad. I mean, even if you asked the hardiest of Mac users, they would admit that Windows has changed the world that we live in today. If I give you any advice, don't bother with another XBox, stick with the PS3.

6. Blake1710

Member Blake1710 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    some people really do have bad luck.

i've had my xbox for more than a year and the only time it's ever got anything close to a RRoD is when the power cord was pulled out when it was on.

and it's on carpet between the tv cabinet and sub woofer, so it doesn't have much room to breath anyway.

7. Intimidator88

Member Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    IMO i think the 360 is the best system out right now i mean it has so many great games out for it and alot of cool apps online. Dont get me wrong the 360 does have the highest failure rate but thats cause it was rushed right? Btw u use windows 7 and its great! lol

8. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    why are people comparing hardware and software....

9. wyndcrosser
    OP

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    they always do. I was just really upset, I'm trying to save to buy my gf a ring and this sh!t doesn't help. I had to buy a new DVD drive off of Ebay and I'll be trading out the motherboards and hopefully that is the issue.

I have had such bad luck with these xbox 360s, I bought one in Iraq in 2005 and never had an issue, then I traded it for a PS3 in 2007. I wanted to play Gears of War 2, so i bought one in August and haven't had more than 2wks worth of play on each one i bought.

Not a flame war, because M$ makes great products, hardware and software. I love Windows Mobile 6.5 on my phone and Windows Vista/Xp/Dos.

Just these damn new 306s lol.

Wynd

10. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    microsoft surely gives you a warranty, that lasts more than 1.4 months...

11. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I think he mentioned they were used or refurbs, so that's probably the problem there. [​IMG]
    Bad luck all the same. I've had some bad luck with my Wii and DS. The Wii's dvd drive started to fail. Thankfully both were repaired free.
    Luckily my xbox 360 is still going strong after a year.

12. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    yeah use the warranty

13. MarkDarkness

Member MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    Build quality decreased harshly in this generation... and the fault is entirely ours, because we accept the failure rates the companies are throwing at us. While I HATE the Playstation, I do have to admit that Sony is pretty much the only one that somewhat takes build quality seriously. Microsoft and Nintendo only care about profits now.

14. cloudspear

cloudspear Newbie

It is the old Xbox 360 that have the RROD problem. The newer one, the Jasper suppose to fix the RROD problem. Maybe you were unlucky. I'm on my third Xbox 360. My first one, I got in 2005, RROD on me in 8 month. The second one in 1 year. I didn't even send it in to get another refurb because I knew that it will RROD too. I just got a new Jasper from Walmart. Hopefully this one will last.

15. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    You don't have warranty with used consoles unless you buy it

Edit: I hope my Xbox doesn't fuck up, though its newly bought so I have warranty [​IMG]

16. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    and why didn't you just play the 'I send it in until it works fine' game? at least this is what I do with shitty products + a lot of complaining

If you buy a refurb unit you should be aware of the pre-falcon/jasper generations of xbox 360 consoles...it's not good, that they were that faulty, but at least they fixed it in newer revisions

17. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Xbox's don't fuck up if you take good care of them :/

18. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    360 is the ZX81 of our time.

My original Xbox though is still going strong, never had any problems unlike the PS2 which I've had so many of, shit I returned one to the shop and got a broken one in return lolz . [​IMG]

19. Blue Zoidberg

Member Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    +1
    I've had my original 360 since early 2006 and it still runs fine. As a matter of fact, I had to swap out the DVD drive in my RE 360 recently but the old Samsung is still running strong [​IMG]

20. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Really indeed. What was so bad about this post? Cry some moar.