Screw down the wrong hole - can't get it out :(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by SenorClean, Aug 13, 2009.

Aug 13, 2009
  1. SenorClean
    OP

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hey Guys,

This week I pulled down my Wii again to trial the SunDisk - however when re-assembling, I put one of the little black screws down a hole for a bigger silver one... and it's now stuck in there!

The problem is that the screw has been pushed down through the hole in the outer shell. I've tried rare earth magnets on a screwdriver - but it's not enough.

Has anyone done this before / got any tips for fixing it? Is there a way to remove the lower shell?

My wii is functional - so I shouldn't need to get it apart... and if I get really desperate - I suppose I could trim the 'shield' and pull it out - but I'd rather not. Any help would be appreciated [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd take everything out of that bottom shell first.. Try this if you don't know how

Then gently tap the plastic on something and see if you can dislodge the screw..

3. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Tiny dot of superglue on the end of a pin or something, stick it to the end of the screw and pull.

Be VERY VERY sparing with the glue though or you'll end up just gluing the screw in to place.

4. SenorClean
    OP

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I like it... thanks [​IMG]

My plan B is to shave away the hole around it a little (it is covered by the battery anyway).

I think for now I'll just leave it... the front plate is a little wobbley (missing a screw) but other than that, my wii is fine. If I ever need to pull it down again I'll try the superglue trick [​IMG]