Screenshots / Preview for DS and Wii Games Request

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear gbatemp staff and community:

I was wondering if there was any talk or interest from the gbatemp user base of having the gbatemp homepage display at least 1 screenshot, maybe even a short description of each release specifically for DS and Wii titles. It would be nice to have an all in one solution. Personally, I love gbatemp and how it works, however, with this suggestion, it will allow for any user to stay on your site and love it even more as it provides more wanted information.

When I browse new ds and wii releases, I often never heard of the games posted. So I usually trek over to Google type in the name of the game and put either ds or wii after it and a result matching from gamespot or ign usually pops up. I end up going to their site to read about the game and see screenshots, and then I often do not return to gbatemp until the next time I am interested in seeing what’s new.

It would be neat to have a link, at least, or an actual screenshot posted like you do with gba games. In some fashion I am sure this is possible, whether it is by mouse over, or when you click the image to enlarge it, it can be posted on that page, or some easy method. In addition, a nice lil’ description / preview would be nice so at a glance you would know if you might be interested in pursuing it.

What are your thoughts on this staff and community?

Thank you for your time.

morrison22

ps: gbatemp will always remain my number one news source for wii/ds games.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The original reason the DS had no screenshots was because of any real way of getting a good quality screenshot. There were no emulators (and they still don't work 100%) and all the images on the web were either low quality or already watermarked. But since Costello does all the coding, we'll have to see what he says because it may be something along the lines of the homepage not having room for a picture or whatnot.

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...it may be something along the lines of the homepage not having room for a picture...

Well, that's just it. Being a web designer, and knowing what people want (information, fast and easy), I understand the difficulties and road blocks in implimenting features when there is no screen realestate available on the page. However, If the user base wants it bad enough, I would consider exploring options and being creative and impliment a technology or method that would allow for such a feature to be executed without deeply modifying the current structure of the site.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be happy to provide a link to a preview, developers page or screenshots whenever I see a game posted so it wont be much work for those who dont really pay that much attention, most people do anyway.

Would be nice to have a good description for every game that is posted but I guess it'll take a lot of time for those who do post the rom news.

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be happy to provide a link to a preview, developers page or screenshots whenever I see a game posted so it wont be much work for those who dont really pay that much attention, most people do anyway.

Would be nice to have a good description for every game that is posted but I guess it'll take a lot of time for those who do post the rom news.

Perhaps, gbatemp needs a dedicated person/people to seek and provide the information and update the site. Maybe gbatemp is capable of doing it as is with no additional parties. It's a matter of whether these feature are needed or wanted enough by the community to base the deployment on. I suggest putting it to a vote just to see whats the results will reveal.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Any DS release I post I'll try to accompany with a couple of screenshots from an emulator IF I can, in the second post of the thread.

(although I don't post releases much at all these days
frown.gif
)

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any DS release I post I'll try to accompany with a couple of screenshots from an emulator IF I can, in the second post of the thread.

(although I don't post releases much at all these days
frown.gif
)

Well that is a start. It's kind of you to do that. And I am sure it will be appriciated. However, I still am leaning towards a goal of making an interation of screenshots/description onto the homepage. Its all about information being right at your fingertips and with ease.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs