Screenshots of new unannounced, completed Fire Emblem game supposedly leaked

M0fORHQ.jpeg

Information is trickling out about a new Nintendo game, if rumors are to be believed. Emily Rogers, a gaming journalist known for leaking Nintendo-related news in the past, most notably having insider details about the Nintendo NX prior to its reveal as the Nintendo Switch. She recently posted on Famiboards, a gaming forum, regarding what we can expect to see in the next Nintendo Direct. According to "sources", a new Fire Emblem game is in development, with the following details:

• Upcoming Fire Emblem is a new game, not a remake. Brand new story.
  • Collaboration between Intelligent Systems, Koei Tecmo and Gust (division of Koei Tecmo Holdings).
  • Gust heavily assisted with the visuals / graphics. Graphics are an improvement over "Three Houses".
  • Originally intended as an anniversary game to celebrate FE's 30th anniversary. The game has been finished for over a year.
  • Main character (main lord) has strange red and blue hair. His mother is a dragon.
  • New "Emblems" gimmick allows players to summon "FE characters from the past" for your squad.

Supposedly, Koei Tecmo will be involved once more, after assisting development on Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Gust is known for their work on the Atelier JRPG series. It's also being claimed that the game is fully complete, and was intended to release for the Fire Emblem franchise's 30th anniversary. Shortly after Rogers' post, some images were posted to Reddit, and featured details that backed up the initial post. The Redditor said that there are elements from this game that come from a canceled Fire Emblem game that was meant for the Nintendo Wii. These screenshots, shown below, are apparently from an early in-development build of the Chinese localization version.

SjUdVUt.jpeg xGjpiBH.jpeg Mo9ZOSu.jpeg

I can confirm that this is a brand new FE game, and it has been completed for quite some time now. I'm not sure what the delay has been in announcing it. Interestingly, some aspects of it seem to be reused from the canceled Wii FE game. Additionally, the rumors of an FE4 remake are real as well. Gust has helped a lot with this development - if you aren't familiar with their work, you should take a look at the Atelier games on the Switch. There are many new characters in this game, and I believe people are overreacting a bit about the summoning with thinking of this as a full-blown FEH-style game. Other people with insider information have been mentioning the blue and red haired protagonist for awhile now and waiting for the Direct reveal, I've just decided to finally show a bit.

I can't do a full AMA or anything, but I wanted to share a bit since there were so many doubts about yesterday's leak! Now for the fun part, take a look at some of the new characters.

Edited to add - These screenshots are quite old at this point, and obviously not of great quality. Make of that what you will!

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/EmilyRogersBlog/status/1536936137222127621

This second leaker also claims that Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War, which has been rumored to get a remake for years, is indeed receiving one, at some point. That game was never officially released in the west, and remains only playable in English through a fan translation. For now, all of the above information remains as speculation, with no Nintendo Direct to potentially reveal these games in sight.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: StrayGuitarist

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of interesting how Nintendo just has fully completed stuff sitting in a vault 'til they feel like it's the right time to announce it. Wouldn't be surprised if that applied to other long-rumored things like Metroid Prime/Zelda HD ports.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's kind of interesting how Nintendo just has fully completed stuff sitting in a vault 'til they feel like it's the right time to announce it. Wouldn't be surprised if that applied to other long-rumored things like Metroid Prime/Zelda HD ports.
Makes sense to hold back and bring them out should Botw 2 or Prime 4 have any more delays. Nice way to fill in the gap.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Numerous other sites are reporting there will be a Direct at the end of the month. Here is a link to one of them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...mored-to-be-coming-in-late-june/1100-6504527/
And before that, remember when sites were reporting on rumors of a Direct for June 15th? They're all pretty baseless, I wouldn't believe it until it happens tbh.
Makes sense to hold back and bring them out should Botw 2 or Prime 4 have any more delays. Nice way to fill in the gap.
Wouldn't be surprised if the Zelda ports came out later this year because of the BOTW delay. Metroid Prime'll probably be held off on til Prime 4's development is closer to completion, they could release it the year before as a good way to build hype.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Koei? Another Dynasty Warriors clone? 😐
Basically, Koei Tecmo was involved in Three Houses development because they were asked for help on the Monastery thing given the first Fire Emblem Warriors looked and played nice. Also helped in a lot of other areas on the development of the game.

https://www.nintendo.destructoid.com/fire-emblem-three-houses-was-largely-developed-by-koei-tecmo/
https://www.vg247.com/fire-emblem-three-houses-interview
https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Koei_Tecmo

Reactions: Marc_LFD

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please be good. Please bring back dating sim and children. I'm a normie plz. Also I like school mechanics like three houses but also I like the dungeon crawling in SoV. I want an almalgomation of all!

• Love
Reactions: Maximumbeans

Stario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Well... there´s obviously a Fire Emblem game in a pretty advanced phase of development considering how many years have been from 3H release to now (assumibly started the development before the release of 3H) .
Personally I don't think a brand new title would be shown for the rest of the year considering that for 2022 we already have Fire Emblem Three Hopes.

But hey! Let's argue a bit over her ''leaks'' just for fun (they are not a big deal after all...):
''Upcoming Fire Emblem is a new game, not a remake. Brand new story.''
There's a 90% chance that if they have been hiding the next game release it would be a remake of Awakening due its 10 years anniversary.

''Collaboration between Intelligent Systems, Koei Tecmo and Gust (division of Koei Tecmo Holdings).''
This assumption is based on Koei Tecmo's participation over 3H development.

Gust heavily assisted with the visuals / graphics. Graphics are an improvement over "Three Houses".
Well... a significant graphical quality jump it's something we can expect considering previous titles on the same systems.

Originally intended as an anniversary game to celebrate FE's 30th anniversary. The game has been finished for over a year.
If IntSys intended to do something for the anniversary, this just would mean two things: a remake of Shadow Dragon or Awakening. That's it I won't expect something more.

Main character (main lord) has strange red and blue hair. His mother is a dragon.
I don't think they would go back to have a Lord as main character... the avatars have been well recieved overall and so many people likes to be able to marry with everyone with them so...or that Nintendo Switch haired character is not the main character... or it's just a fake image lol
A dragon blood character on Fire Emblem?! Never seen! *sarcasm*

New "Emblems" gimmick allows players to summon "FE characters from the past" for your squad.
Einherjar from Awakening and Fates. Nothing new to see here.

I personally think she is just mentioning a lot of details that anyone can expect to see on the next Fire Emblem title to see if she hit something and then came to say she leaked it.
It's like to say that the Goddess is gonna be a dragon, we're gonna have an Aptitude character or the main villain is an Royal person who wields an Axe... these details are something we can expect of every modern Fire Emblem game.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's a 90% chance that if they have been hiding the next game release it would be a remake of Awakening due its 10 years anniversary.

They showed and talked about Xenoblade Chronicles 3 very close to its release and it's not a remake. I don't see Fire Emblem getting remakes a la Pokemon.

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is not only done, it has been finished and it's sitting there gathering dust for over a year.

This is what I hate about the switch. With the 3ds and Wii u and we'd get at least one Nintendo game on each every month, on switch we get ONE low effort game a month ONLY (and it's incomplete so they drip some of it for a year or more ) so they have a bunch of games and dlc there we'll likely never see because there's no way to fit it into their dumb schedule.

To this day we don't have the full animal crossing game, with the characters since launch referencing things and places that were cut from it at the last moment for the Nintendo drip. ("Wow this store is so huge, I keep getting lost!")
And this after Twitter made them delay the game (that was already finished ).

Super Mario party has a bunch of boards and minigames that never saw the light of day, breath of the wild is pretty much a demo of what it was meant to be because the change in company direction made them just wrap it up how it was and ship it, astral chain is a Wii u port, and so on.

The only exception is Kirby discovery which includes some stuff that was very obviously meant for a Nintendo drip but they had to include it in because the whole transition to 3d depended on it. ( Originally the drip version was going to end at dedede at first apparently ).

This crap sucks.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tend to love Fire Emblem games, Three houses was phenomenal, but I'd be lying if I said this looks on par with that. And maybe that's just it, this is footage from a very early build that for the moment looks void of life and empty, but the details will be added later. I can totally see that being the case, but if this is actually the quality of a final game they were going to release to the world, then I would say something went severely wrong with the studio since Three Houses.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only exception is Kirby discovery which includes some stuff that was very obviously meant for a Nintendo drip but they had to include it in because the whole transition to 3d depended on it. ( Originally the drip version was going to end at dedede at first apparently ).
What?

Are you talking about Kirby Star Allies or Kirby Forgotten Land?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tend to love Fire Emblem games, Three houses was phenomenal, but I'd be lying if I said this looks on par with that. And maybe that's just it, this is footage from a very early build that for the moment looks void of life and empty, but the details will be added later. I can totally see that being the case, but if this is actually the quality of a final game they were going to release to the world, then I would say something went severely wrong with the studio since Three Houses.
I mean two screenshots of some 3D things (the kind of lobby and the support conversation) and "it looks void of life"?

Anyway. So early to draw any conclusions without actual video footage.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean two screenshots of some 3D things (the kind of lobby and the support conversation) and "it looks void of life"?

Anyway. So early to draw any conclusions without actual video footage.
I only offer my criticism as a huge fan of this series that has come to expect a lot, especially after the fantastic last entry in the series. I'm sure the game can be great even if it's not as large scale as Three Houses and perhaps on a smaller budget. Though I'm hoping we're just seeing early release footage and the details have yet to be filled in here.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Game studios take note, announcing your games when they are done will prevent shoving unfinished stuff out of the door. You'll be less likely to have a broken mess if you don't hit your release dates.

Watch this be a broken mess just to spite me.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hmmm for me it's probably F-Zero X at least in my top 3