Screenshots of All Menu's?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Vapourstreak, Jun 12, 2008.

Jun 12, 2008
  1. Vapourstreak
    OP

Member Vapourstreak GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hello,

I'm thinking of buying an AceKard R.P.G. or AceKard 2 to work alongside my SuperCard DS ONE. Can someone show me some screenshots to:

OSMenu
    Blissmenu
    Regular AceKard Menu
    YSMenu
    And other menu options for the AceKard R.P.G. or AceKard 2

BTW, does the unofficial menu's work with the closed source AceKard 2?

Thanks,
    Derek [​IMG]

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The AKAIO (formerly AKBBS) merged all-in-one menu will work on the AK2 once 2.0 is released in a few days.

I don't think think (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that OSMenu is a separate menu at all. Acekard refers to the official menu as "OSMenu," although I think that Bliss also refers to his menu as "custom OSMenu" on his web page.

I believe that Bliss, AKAIO, and the official menu all look very similar aside from the former two having lots of extra features. All are extremely customizable using skins so the look of the menus can change quite a lot depending on the skin.

YSMenu is very plain, and looks a lot like the R4 menu (the games are listed on the top screen and the options for each game appear on the bottom).

-Bri

3. Vapourstreak
    OP

Canada
    Thanks. Do you ahve any screenshots? Also, does the AceKard 2 support these menu's?

4. Bri

United States
    Yes, the Acekard 2 supports all of the menus (but like I said AKAIO will be out in a few days). The Acekard RPG supports all except YSMenu.

There are lots of pictures of skins, but some of the pictures just show the backgrounds and don't really show what they look like running (with the clock and calendar).

There are some pictures of one of the skins in action in the review on this site here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79368

And here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=68305

And this site also has some nice skins: http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...%3D1&page=1

-Bri

5. Vapourstreak
    OP

Canada
    thanks so much. Do you think i should get an acekard 2 or acekard rpg? im leaning towards the acekard 2 because it looks better externally :/

6. Chedderknight

Member Chedderknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Personally if funds allow to do so, I'd get a RPG, but if all else the AK2 works just as good

7. FreshSoul

Member FreshSoul GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wish the ak2 came in white because my ds is white. I'm thinking about changing the case now because of that. I was going to make it black and white. I just don't like the fact that you will have four square screws/holes exposed on the top panel.

I'm with you, get the ak2 because it looks better. There's not much of a difference in the rpg.

8. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Your kidding right? once its in the ds they will practically look the same other than the usb slot in the rpg.

9. Bri

United States
    Vapourstreak, I wouldn't buy a cart because of the way it looks simply because it's going to be inside your NDS all the time.

The Acekard RPG has some features that the Acekard 2 doesn't have (particularly the built-in NAND memory) and costs more than the Acekard 2. So if those features are worth the extra money, get the RPG. Otherwise get the Acekard 2. I personally have an Acekard 2.

-Bri

10. Vapourstreak
    OP

Canada
    but i read somewhere that most of the commercial development has moved toward the AK2 ?

11. Bri

United States
    It's not likely that they'll stop support for the RPG any time soon. Most of the development is for the AK2 because it's newer and there are more things to add to it. Menus like Bliss and AKAIO run on both and therefore both are developed simultaneously.

Still, if you don't need the extra features of the RPG (and really not that many people do need them) then the Acekard 2 is certainly the better choice.

-Bri

12. Vapourstreak
    OP

Canada
    is the RPG like the cyclods, where i can put in any sd card from any other cart nad it still workds because of firmware is in the internal memory?

13. lurbi

Member lurbi GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Just a short question.
    After akaio will come out, I guess it will have all the features of the bliss modified current AK2 OS??

So then there is the original, the bliss and the AKAIO menu, which have all "the same roots" and the AKAIO is a superset of them all. (ie has the most features)

Is there a multibootloader like that for the SCDS1??
    Eg to load bliss (and later AKAIO) menu OR ysmenu?? (eg by pressing a button at startup?)

Are there other menus available??

thank you in advance

14. Bri

United States
    As far as I know, there are 4 menus that can run on the AK2: official, Bliss, AKAIO, and YSMenu.

Bliss and AKAIO are both based on the official menu. In fact, AKAIO is partially based on the Bliss menu and also contains features from other developers. I don't know if there's any advantage the Bliss menu has over the AKAIO menu, but I tend to think not (since Bliss helped develop AKAIO).

There is no need for a multibooter since all of the menus can be run from one another (they are all .nds files). Simply choose one as your default and name it akmenu4.nds, and rename the others to anything you want. I believe that the official, Bliss, and AKAIO menus can all share the same data (perhaps Normmatt or another AKAIO developer can confirm). But as I said before, I'm not sure there's any advantage whatsoever to running the official menu or Bliss menu if you have AKAIO installed. You can definitely have both YSMenu and any of the others installed simultaneously and switch back and forth (but again I don't know what the advantage would be).

Did that answer your questions?

-Bri

15. lurbi

Member lurbi GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    yes, thank you!

I did not know that the Acekard2 HW will simply load akmenu4.nds.

Acekard2 is on its way ... as they are sooo cheap on DX that I bought one to accompany my SCDS1 [​IMG]