Homebrew screenshot-merge: merge split screenshots right on the 3DS

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible to export to png when merging?
Merged screenshots are in .bmp format. lpp-3ds can't save in .png (at least for right now). This does raise the filesize.
a few services might convert it to .png automatically; but if it's important they're png for you, you can convert them after the merger or use RedHat's tool (linked in the first post).

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyways, thanks for this Homebrew :)
Now, we need it for merge "official screenshots" taken by the Home Menu xD

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyways, thanks for this Homebrew :)
Now, we need it for merge "official screenshots" taken by the Home Menu xD
Home Menu already has a feature to take a screenshot of both screens (Y+Right)

anyway, I'm going to finish up 1.1 and then see if I can have the title changed (since it's not just ninjhax anymore :P)

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You have allowed me to create the ultimate OTP the 3DS homebrew scene has seen thus far...
screenshoot OTP.png

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible to have a CIA?
maybe! I never thought about a .cia version at first because it only worked with NH2.5 screenshots.

since I don't have access to a <=9.2 system I'll have to ask someone else to test for me before I push out one. it shouldn't be that hard though.

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can test if you want try in waiting xD
A CIA would be very useful for CFW users (like me)...
there's more that goes to a .cia than just putting a program inside of it, I have to make a banner and things... not to mention I've never actually used .cia files so this is kind of a learning experience as well

I'll probably do it very soon, but for now you should check out https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader

Alex Spady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's more that goes to a .cia than just putting a program inside of it, I have to make a banner and things... not to mention I've never actually used .cia files so this is kind of a learning experience as well

I'll probably do it very soon, but for now you should check out https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader
Any idea when the CIA version will be released?

Alex Spady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry I never got to it. but now that I got a 2DS (before downgrading was a thing) I can work on it soon. :)
That's awesome! Great to know. The only reason for me to, I guess, "bug" you about it, is that I am having trouble turning "lpp-3ds" into a CIA. Also, if lpp-3ds is in CIA format, will I be able to exit the application by pressing the "Home Button", and not get kicked out of "EmuNAND?" Thanks for the speedy response. Have a good one.

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome! Great to know. The only reason for me to, I guess, "bug" you about it, is that I am having trouble turning "lpp-3ds" into a CIA. Also, if lpp-3ds is in CIA format, will I be able to exit the application by pressing the "Home Button", and not get kicked out of "EmuNAND?" Thanks for the speedy response. Have a good one.
I noticed the issue you made on the lpp-3ds repo (since I'm following it :P)

home button doesn't work properly in lpp-3ds because you need to actually handle it in the script, however exiting from Home Menu doesn't work and will hang...

...you can also just use System.exit() and it will kick you back to the Home Menu as well.

Alex Spady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed the issue you made on the lpp-3ds repo (since I'm following it :P)

home button doesn't work properly in lpp-3ds because you need to actually handle it in the script, however exiting from Home Menu doesn't work and will hang...

...you can also just use System.exit() and it will kick you back to the Home Menu as well.
Sorry for my complete and utter incomptenecy, but what is "System.exit()?" I think it's a system call. If it is, where would I put it when compiling? Thanks again for your help.

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my complete and utter incomptenecy, but what is "System.exit()?" I think it's a system call. If it is, where would I put it when compiling? Thanks again for your help.
"System.exit()" is a function in lpp-3ds that, well, exits the program. if you're using it as 3dsx, it will go back to the Homebrew Launcher; if it's a 3DS/CIA, it will exit to Home Menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y