Screen Tearing on DS but not on Emulator

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ZukaZamam3e, Jan 19, 2016.

1. ZukaZamam3e
    OP

ZukaZamam3e Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2015
    United States
    Hello,

I have been working on a project for quite some time now. Things have been going slowly, but I have been getting through it. I just have this one issue(right now). I am using Max Mod to stream a raw file. This is going great. I am also using OpenGL to render to both screens using textured quads.

The issue I have is that when I run the game on my DS Lite with my Acekard 2i. I switch songs in MaxMod, and my bottom screen will flicker on the top screen and vice versa for the top screen. I have no idea why this is happening and I have been trying to fix it for 2 weeks. I can't debug it because it is on the console. I have a bitmap font rendering, but I'm not too sure where else to check.

My streaming is just reading from a file. All the songs are in the same file. I just seek to where I need to be. I thought this was the issue. Maybe the file was taking too long to seek (it is a big file). I just seeked a portion at a time and when the file reached where it needed to be, the issue still occurred.

I'm using the DevKit libnds examples to render 3D to the bottom screen. Is there a better way to do this?
    Any help would be amazing. Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice