Heichart

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Recently, while playing Dead Space Extraction, Fragile and H.A.W.X.2, I noticed some screen-tearing during gameplay. It's not all that bad, but it really bothers me. It doesn't happen all the time, and it comes and goes by itself.
I'm using component cables, Wiiflow and an HDTV...
What can possibly be causing this?

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have your hard drive hooked up to it's own power source? try unplugging that and see if it goes away. Could be your video card is dying too.

Heichart

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hielkenator said:
Set your tv in "gamemode".

Loose the "100 hz" or "motion" features of your tv.

There are no such options on my HDTV, except for "gamemode", which makes my eyes bleed with colors.

My HDD has it's own power source, but i don't think it's the problem, 'cause I use it with my friend's Wii, and no problem at all.
Maybe my videocard is dying...
mellow.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heichart said:
Hielkenator said:
Set your tv in "gamemode".

Loose the "100 hz" or "motion" features of your tv.

There are no such options on my HDTV, except for "gamemode", which makes my eyes bleed with colors.

My HDD has it's own power source, but i don't think it's the problem, 'cause I use it with my friend's Wii, and no problem at all.
Maybe my videocard is dying...
mellow.gif

If you have a gamemode on your tv, you also have some kind of image processing. ( what would be the point of gamemode anyway then? )
Make sure you turn things off like: filters, dynamic contrast, motion settings, outline enhancers etc...
You will see that your Wii ointer will be more responsive.

In gamemode, all those fancy post processing is shut down to make your games react faster on input.
Screen tearing does'nt occur in your wii, its 'problem lies in your TV/ monitor. It has a hard time keeping up the signal.
Also are you using component cables or standard AV cables.?
Make sure you Wii correspond to the output ( Wii settings )
Also make sure you wii is set on 60 hz or Componenet. This can reduce lag and screen tearing to.
LCD panel are nativley progressive displays, and will perform better With component cables. downscaling scaling is'nt needed, giving your tv's processor some slack.

Heichart

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
@Hielkenator

I'm using component cables, there is no lag input whatsoever, and Wii settings adjusted accordingly.
There are no options for "filters, dynamic contrast, motion settings, outline enhancers etc..." on my old Scarlet (42LG64FR), and "gamemode" is some default contrast/brightness/colors configurations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool