Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
Personally i dont cause i know my DS touch screen is going to get scratched at some point so i just deal with it.

...Not if you use a screen protector, lol...

OP: I only have a screen protector on my bottom screen for two reasons - 1, the top screen can only have the plastic window scratched. 4 dollar fix (if that) from deal extreme. 2, I had to replace my digitizer, and the aftermarket one has a matte finish rather than a gloss one like the OEM digitizer, but a screen protector makes you not able to even notice it (plus bottom screen DOES get 95% of the wear)

Granted, this is on a DS Lite, but I have'nt noticed any loss of accuracy (not that I can tell, at least). Have you tried recalibrating the touchscreen?

EDIT - another reason I don't put one on the top - last time I did, it almost looked like moisture was trapped underneath the protector if there was any slight pressure on it. So I took it off after a day. No regrets.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plasma dragon007 said:
BortzANATOR said:
Personally i dont cause i know my DS touch screen is going to get scratched at some point so i just deal with it.

...Not if you use a screen protector, lol...
Just make sure you get the right screen protectors. Ive heard of using protectors and having the screens damaged worse than with none.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Screen protectors?

puke.gif

They're fine, as soon as they don't scratch or make you lose accuracy, or blur the screen.

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Me being experienced, I can tell you that HORI has awesome screen protectors.
HORI
Back on topic, I say just attempt to calibrate your screen.
Also, mention what brand of screen protector you used if you can remember please
smile.gif

jacobbones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched around for what was good to get. The ones by Hori always had good reviews.
amazon sells them. I looked on ebay but saw some buyer alert that people were selling fake ones on ebay so I looked elsewhere

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hori is great. However, on my DSI one's the Instructions fucked me up, and I ended up putting the touch filter ontop and vice versa.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didu50 said:
Hori is great. However, on my DSI one's the Instructions fucked me up, and I ended up putting the touch filter ontop and vice versa.
this can be easily avoided if you take the time and look at the protectors before installing them. they are not the same size, with the touch screen protector being slightly smaller.

Codc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using a launch Phat. No screen protector and it still works perfectly.No scratches or anything. Oh, and I use it pretty often.

Necoconeco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screen Protectors are like condoms, sure theres some sensitivity loss, but you'll be glad you had it on before something bad happens.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't bother.
I've had a DSl for years, and my DSi for a year, and neither have any noticeable scratches. Sure, it has some. But they can't be felt, and can't be seen without looking at the right angle in the light with the DS off.

sybernite0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pokeman are you the incredible hulk by any chance?
laugh.gif

on topic, yeah i use the one from hori. luckily there's a store here that sells that specific brand. kinda pricey though. and i never let them put it on my ds. i always do it myself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1