Hacking screen goes black in pokemon platinum underground

Jamzrap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is an acekard 2.1, akaio 1.4.1, no cheats enabled, ds original, U.S.A pokemon platinum rom

here's the deal. when i try to go to the underground with my sister (who is using the same rom on her ttds) i save, then my guy jumps into the hole like its supposed to do but then the screen goes black and doesnt load the underground. i have to turn off my game and restart it and then it still doesnt work. my sister is using the same rom but a ttds and it works fine for her, my cousin has his working fine also. for me is it an akaio problem or what? what can i do to fix this? has anyone else encountered it? thanks please help me fix it i need it

thnkz, jamz

Jamzrap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you are god. period.

LOL. anyways yeah it works when i turn off DMA by holding a and keeping the loading thing blue. thanks alot
tongue.gif

it does appear to be slower though. It doesnt state what each of the modes do so i wonder if ill have issues saving or anything. it works though which is great!

im just wondering what each of the modes do and what the saving process (size or w.e) has to do with anything. thanks

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Jamzrap said:
you are god. period.

LOL. anyways yeah it works when i turn off DMA by holding a and keeping the loading thing blue. thanks alot
tongue.gif

it does appear to be slower though. It doesnt state what each of the modes do so i wonder if ill have issues saving or anything. it works though which is great!

im just wondering what each of the modes do and what the saving process (size or w.e) has to do with anything. thanks

Try holding down X (Which uses the same patching method as holding down A but uses DMA).

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Jamzrap said:
no, using the old DMA doesnt work, only not using it at all works

Hmm thats very strange as the only thing different between holding X and A is that X uses DMA for reading while holding A does not. I'll see if i can track down the problem. Although I think I might have already fixed it in latest build.

MisterQuestion88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I am having this same problem so I decided to make new thread instead of bumping.

I have Acekard 2.1, latest version of akaio (just redownloaded), no cheats, ds lite and USA Poke'mon Platinum rom.

I tried all three DMA modes. The recommended solution (blue load) causes the game screen to turn white and freeze and never start. I am confused as to why this would happen.

Thanks for your help and patience with my poor english.

ilinkaleria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi guys, i have and old r4, i`ve downloaded an pokemon platinum rom, but i can`t go to the underground, game goes black screen, is there any way to fix this?

Attachments

• photo_2021-12-05_22-15-04.jpg
    photo_2021-12-05_22-15-04.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 21
  • photo_2021-12-05_22-14-50.jpg
    photo_2021-12-05_22-14-50.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 25

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, i have and old r4, i`ve downloaded an pokemon platinum rom, but i can`t go to the underground, game goes black screen, is there any way to fix this?
i think thats just a quirk of using r4 cards got the same blackscreen whenever i try to go underground with gen 4 games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.