screen goes black in pokemon platinum underground

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Jamzrap, Mar 25, 2009.

Mar 25, 2009
  1. Jamzrap
    OP

Newcomer Jamzrap Member

Canada
    this is an acekard 2.1, akaio 1.4.1, no cheats enabled, ds original, U.S.A pokemon platinum rom

here's the deal. when i try to go to the underground with my sister (who is using the same rom on her ttds) i save, then my guy jumps into the hole like its supposed to do but then the screen goes black and doesnt load the underground. i have to turn off my game and restart it and then it still doesnt work. my sister is using the same rom but a ttds and it works fine for her, my cousin has his working fine also. for me is it an akaio problem or what? what can i do to fix this? has anyone else encountered it? thanks please help me fix it i need it

thnkz, jamz

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    try the different DMA modes. see the wiki for more information. if all 3 modes fail then post back.

-another world

3. Jamzrap
    OP

Newcomer Jamzrap Member

Canada
    you are god. period.

LOL. anyways yeah it works when i turn off DMA by holding a and keeping the loading thing blue. thanks alot [​IMG]

it does appear to be slower though. It doesnt state what each of the modes do so i wonder if ill have issues saving or anything. it works though which is great!

im just wondering what each of the modes do and what the saving process (size or w.e) has to do with anything. thanks

4. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Try holding down X (Which uses the same patching method as holding down A but uses DMA).

5. Jamzrap
    OP

Newcomer Jamzrap Member

Canada
    no, using the old DMA doesnt work, only not using it at all works

6. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Hmm thats very strange as the only thing different between holding X and A is that X uses DMA for reading while holding A does not. I'll see if i can track down the problem. Although I think I might have already fixed it in latest build.

7. MisterQuestion88

Newcomer MisterQuestion88 Member

United States
    Hello I am having this same problem so I decided to make new thread instead of bumping.

I have Acekard 2.1, latest version of akaio (just redownloaded), no cheats, ds lite and USA Poke'mon Platinum rom.

I tried all three DMA modes. The recommended solution (blue load) causes the game screen to turn white and freeze and never start. I am confused as to why this would happen.

Thanks for your help and patience with my poor english.