Scratched touch screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by SSR MNM, May 21, 2008.

1. SSR MNM
    OP

SSR MNM Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2008
    Norway
    Hello
    I have a scratched touch screen and was wondering if it was possible to get a new one r use a screen protector as a smooth surface over the screen? And while we're at it where can i find a new stylus pen(nice and soft holding would be nice [​IMG] ) And now to the little picky problem, if theres any websites the sell this i want to pay with a bill, not with a bank card(a bill follows the stuff i buy)

Plz reply if you can help [​IMG]

2. Narin

Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

Former Staff
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    Check this topic out:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=85523

[​IMG]

3. krazykirk

krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    Australia
    I'm about 99.9% sure that no-where on the internet will let you Post-pay (pay after) for your items. This is the internet! The risk of fraud and all that would be too high to be practical. Also using credit is faster [​IMG]

About your screen, buying a screen protector will not help, as the screen protector is completely clear so you will see the scratches straight through it.

You can purchase a replacement touch screen from DX who are really reliable, and many people will vouch for them.

You can get it from http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3245 and the price is quite reasonable.

Be warned though that the touch screen will require DS surgery to replace, and you will need a tri-wing screwdriver.

4. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Underground
    If your order from DX, might as well get the Tri wing screwdriver there

5. Curley5959

Curley5959 CCC Member!

Feb 2, 2008
    Australia
    yeah, get a new bottom screen, then apply a screen protector, and use a softer stylus, You crazy man.. [​IMG]

6. Narin

Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

Former Staff
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    If that scratches aren't gouges, you can get a scratch remover kit for the DS. You can find more information on it in the link I posted above. Its a bit safer than replacing the current touch screen. You can practically make the screen look brand new using the scratch remover kit and a good screen protector over it. Though results may vary.

7. SSR MNM
    OP

SSR MNM Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2008
    Norway
    It's not the visual that is the problem, but my stylus pen gets stuck in them [​IMG] Deep sh*t

8. SSR MNM
    OP

SSR MNM Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2008
    Norway
    But when that is the proble could a screen protector work then?

9. krazykirk

krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    Australia
    Well then if you don't care how the screen looks, then a screen protector would probably smooth it out, so long as the surface is reasonably smooth.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice