Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Of course not. There's only like five other topics about the same exact thing in this sub-forum.

But yes, I own the books and the Blu-ray, and Ramona Flowers sucks.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've seen the movie. At first I watched it because my brother brought a bootleg dvd copy, it was broken so I torrented it. Long story short, wish I saw in the movie theaters, this movie sadly was not a box office hit. It had great pop culture referneces and hilarious scenes. Oh and don't get me started on

Ramona flowers played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead-17.jpg

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:

Oh...to be Michael Cera for that one scene. Not other than that...he's a terrible one-sided actor.

I still liked the books better. That and I wasn't really happy with a lot of the casting. Most of all Steven Stills.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seriously? This movie got hyped up so much because of its gaming influences... I watched it today and yet it was funny and good its not NEARLY as 1337 as some say it is (usage of 1337 is tehre for a reason)

It was an entertaining movie for sure though, but not worth the bloody hype.
Its another instant cultclassic like Kick-Ass and Juno from this era

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the movie is awesome, i saw it at a cinema (and i usually don't do that)

it failed at the box office because:
- started against the expendables and some julia roberts movie
- in germany the movie was to start in january, but then was advanced to october
- advertisement was pretty non-existent

maybe after a letter sent to universal containing this: 5filmfreunde (in german)
via google translate:
In this way I wanted to ask you whether it is really smart, a film that is directed to one,
I'd like nerdy, audience call, 4, again in words and large, four months after the American release date in Germany to bring out ?
This audience may know the ways and means with which to bridge the time to save a trip to the cinema.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never saw the movie or the comic book, but I did see the game made about it. I really want to play it, though I don't have 10 dollars right now...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Seriously? This movie got hyped up so much because of its gaming influences... I watched it today and yet it was funny and good its not NEARLY as 1337 as some say it is (usage of 1337 is tehre for a reason)

I was hyping it because it had a fantastic director and art style. Edgar Wright has directed some of the best comedies as of late (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead). Scott Pilgrim definitely oozed his directing style and was great because of it. The art style in general was also fantastic. I mean I watched it and I got the video game references and nerd culture but I felt it was more of a good action-comedy-drama than an ode to nerd culture.

Definitely worth picking up though.

EDIT: Typo.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
It's a meh movie at best. I like the score and the art direction but that's about it. The main reason why everyone seems to love it on GBATemp is because of it's gaming culture references and it's nerdy and quirky atmosphere which appeals to people here that love Nintendo. But in reality, it's not the best movie ever, and quite far from it.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
GundamXXX said:

I was hyping it because it had a fantastic director and art style. Edgar Wright has directed some of the best comedies as of late (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead). Scott Pilgrim definitely oozed his directing style and was great because of it. The art style in general was also fantastic. I mean I watched it and I got the video game references and nerd culture but I felt it was more of a good action-comedy-drama than an ode to nerd culture.

Definitely worth picking up though.

EDIT: Typo.
Thats fair enough then.. I liked the movie in general. The style was very nice, i did like that but yea for a movie that I thought was based on games I didnt see much references except for the obvious

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
DigitalDeviant said:
I've seen the movie. At first I watched it because my brother brought a bootleg dvd copy, it was broken so I torrented it. Long story short, wish I saw in the movie theaters, this movie sadly was not a box office hit. It had great pop culture referneces and hilarious scenes. Oh and don't get me started on

+1

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I apologize to all those people who enjoyed this film, to me this movie had more confusion then Inception. Instead of watching the film and enjoying it. I was more in bewilderment and disgust.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol