Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

signz

Timelord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, tempers. Who loved that movie, who hated it, who didn't watch it yet?
And to all those 3 questions add a: why?

I personally totally loved it. It's very funny, greatly made, got an awesome soundtrack (the 8bit Universal theme was just uber) and I could laugh almost all movie long.
biggrin.gif

How about you?

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Loved it. Saw it on opening night. Downloaded a Bluray rip. Will buy when it comes out even though I don't have a player! xD
I could complain about slight imperfections, or I could let it slide in light of the awesome, that is, everything else.

SoraKeyofFate

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
simply amazing, best movie I've seen this year so far (I don't watch too many movies...so yeah...)
I'm so ready to buy it when it comes out, if I have enough moneyy. Though I'm going to see the special screening in Toronto (hopefully!)
I dressed up as scott for halloween, and my friend was ramona. The Rickenbacker bass made out of cardboard was a great success despite the crapiness of my my whole costume
tongue.gif

mk.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can see why gamers would love this movie. However, as a feature films, I feel that this movie is pretty much below average. The only thing that standout is its heavily game-referenced visual style. The movie is very lacking in other areas such as story telling and humour.

Since there are quite a number of good and interesting films this year (Inception, The Ghost Writer, HTTYD,... ), Scott Pilgrim would not looks very outstanding when compare to other films and that would be one of many reasons why it tanked. Also, IMHO, casting Cera as Scott didn't help.

I'd put this movie one rank above The Last Airbender. It should have been a direct-to-video release.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm waiting patiently on a DVD release. I love the whole thing. Its a great story of love, life and growing up. I found the love story between Ramona and Scott very believable (past its very beginning which comes off a LOT more awkward in the movie due to them not explaining the Sub-Space highway)
Its a movie made by nerds, for nerds. Its understandable that many people will dislike it but I loved the damned thing.

BlazerX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Movie was pretty well made but some parts we just boring imo. they could have shortened it up some what.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Just watched it, it was just awesome. One of the better movies I've seen, even tho there was some boring parts.. It reminded me of No More Heroes for some reason..

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
haven't seen it yet, because I havn't had time to yet... and also I don't know if it's running in the cinema near me
smile.gif

EDIT: AAAAAND I just saw it doesn't run in either my study town NOR my home town!!!!!! FUCK!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1