1. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    I still have my legit 360 download installed... bit gutted that I only got some of the dlc before it was delisted, but I made up for it by getting it on my hacked PS3.
    Even so, I would definitely re-buy a new re-issue of this - especially if it gets a physical release.

Honestly, SPvTW has been the best thing he's done since SotD (although I'd count the Grindhouse "Don't" trailer if I could consider it valid)... but he's never done anything better than Spaced imo.

Last edited by duwen, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Godofcheese

Godofcheese Insane

Sweden
    What even is this
    Some kind of Scottish Pilgrim?

Kwyjor likes this.
  3. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

United States
    I still have this game on my 360 from back when I bought it in 2011/12, it's okay I guess. The licensing hell this game is going through and the fact that you can't buy it anywhere anymore is more interesting than the entire game itself.

4. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster

United States
    This would be a great re-release. This was one of the first downloadable PS3 Games I had, others being the TMNT Turtles in Time Remake and Street Fighter II HD Remix. They came out with online multiplayer DLC in this I believe a year before it got pulled. Feels a lot like River City Ransom with a fresh coat of paint and an amazing soundtrack.

5. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    I would like to think this would be something Limited Run Games snatches up for physical release

Xzi likes this.
  6. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    You could be right... but as it's a Ubisoft property it would likely be one of those 'partnership' deals where it turns out to not be particularly 'limited' and then gets better/cheaper releases from EastAsiaSoft/Strictly Limited/PixelHeart/etc.

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    this is why games should have physical releases, if they had people could play this instead of waiting years or hacking their setups so they can play this game, if theey have released physical copys one could just buy it used nowadays if he wanted atleast instead of resorting to stright up piracy.

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Would not mind seeing a rerelease.

I was all excited for some beat em ups happening in the downloadable game space -- we had seen any other number of "not really seen on a TV screen since the 16 bit era" type games come back with such things just before and after (castlevania, bomberman, many shmups, tetris, several run and gun, bionic commando, plenty of 2d platformers...). However while several of those were anything to from genre defining to merely excellent as far as the scrolling beat em up thing they all seemed to be pretty mediocre, and while this is not going to beat out Streets of Rage, indeed I would almost suggest 2 crude dudes over this, it was a solid effort. It becoming unavailable stung somewhat.

I would say this is why we should have resale of downloadable games by default.

9. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Arcade 2 Crude Dudes, maybe... Megadrive port, no way.

10. cornerpath

cornerpath GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Man this game was so fun! I know movie based games aren't always great but this is definitely A game you must play

11. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
  12. DS1

DS1 伝説のサラリーマン

United States
    Can Brian Lee O’Ferrari OK a rerelease or Outrun 2006, and Brian O’Stan Lee allow a rerelease of Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2?

duwen likes this.
  13. DJPlace

DJPlace the hater of something i can't recall.

United States
    this better be true cause going through my download list for my PS3 just to get the game and the online mode is a bitch.

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    that is never gonna be a thing, companys will never let you resell downloadable games, specialy on consoles, they all want a cut.

15. zupi

zupi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    to: [email protected]

subject: RE: Scott Pilgrim Game!!!

--------------------

Dear Mr O Malley,

S T F U.

Kind Regards,
    Ubisoft France.

-------
    ̶P̶r̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶P̶e̶r̶
    Assassins Creed: Dark Obscure Society 17 - Deluxe edition
    in stores Dec 5th 2021

16. SystemSpark

SystemSpark Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I liked the game, but it crashed a lot, which made me lose interest overall.

17. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I don't doubt they will be dragged kicking and screaming all the way, and make it as tedious as possible, but there have been cases saying actually resale of things is a fundamental right and you are not to deny it.
    https://www.engadget.com/2012-07-03-eu-court-rules-its-legal-to-resell-digital-games-software.html
    https://www.pcgamer.com/european-co...ight-to-sell-your-digital-games-and-licenses/

The US will probably be the next big fight (not sure what Australia and Japan will do, Canada might also do something), however all I have seen so far (there was some company doing it for downloaded music I think it was) was reluctant to rule on it and kicked to other parties/legislators.

18. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here
    Contributor

United States
    I wanted to like this game so much but the combo system and combat is just soooo boring and repetetive :(

19. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Just the nature of beat em ups. :(

20. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here
    Contributor

United States
    Nah, River City Girls is amazing and has lots of combos and stuff. Scott Pilgrim is just really bland and has enemies with too much hitpoints and no variation.

Subtle Demise and StrayGuitarist like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pilgrim, release, Ubisoft