Scott Pilgrim and other areas of faint interest.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Well, I DLed the demo for Scott Pilgrim on PSN, and I have to say, I thought it would be a lot better than it really was. They actually could have ended up releasing this game on the DS and PSP without a hitch, IMO, and I think it would do better on those platforms, but not on home consoles. The video game is vaguely set in the Scott Pilgrim universe (where the hell were all these dudes i'm fighting, when I was reading the comic) and the only part that really seemed ripped right out of the comic was Knives by the bus stop, and the fight scene with Patel at the club. Other than that, not so much. The gameplay was very simplistic, and you only get one or two moves by the time the demo is finished. Of coarse I just played the demo. I give it 3 mehs out of five.

I went over to a friends house today and played Monday Night Combat. It seemed like a blatant ripoff of TF2 as far as the classes were concerned. I was never too impressed with TF2 to begin with. 2 mehs out of five.

Watched Inception. I actually read into the huge hype machine surrounding this movie, and was disappointed that it was not all that I thought it would be. People read way too much into this movie. The story is very simple and the ending was meant to be left to interpretation.

He spun the top and walked away. He didn't really care whether it was a dream or not, just as long as he was with his kids. No...no I don't care if the top wobbled. just shut it.

Not to say it was a bad movie..it just wasn't as great as people made it out to be...oh, and fuck you Warner Brothers. Put ALL of the special effect scenes in the trailer making me think it would be a trippy acid-fest. 4 mehs out of five.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never give into hype machines, they end up making even the greatest thing disappointing since they make it out to turn water into wine. Even though Inception was really good if I gave into the hype I would be disappointed. I went there with little knowledge on the movie and without reading much on it outside of a rather positive review and went away amply satisfied.

As for the Scott Pilgrim game, I may buy it for XBLA when it's released. It plays off the RCR formula but maybe you expected it to be a more bigger "update" to the formula like Castle Crashers? I can't really have an opinion yet on the game as I haven't played it yet, but biggest thing off the bat that's looking offsetting is no online. That really sucks.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Guild McCommunist said:
Never give into hype machines, they end up making even the greatest thing disappointing since they make it out to turn water into wine. Even though Inception was really good if I gave into the hype I would be disappointed. I went there with little knowledge on the movie and without reading much on it outside of a rather positive review and went away amply satisfied.

As for the Scott Pilgrim game, I may buy it for XBLA when it's released. It plays off the RCR formula but maybe you expected it to be a more bigger "update" to the formula like Castle Crashers? I can't really have an opinion yet on the game as I haven't played it yet, but biggest thing off the bat that's looking offsetting is no online. That really sucks.

Yeah, I did expect it to be like Castle Crashers. Since PS3 has nothing like that. I also would have liked all the combos to be available from the start instead of earning them as you go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol