'Scorn', an adventure game set in a "biomechanical universe", gets release window

Revealed during the Xbox Showcase last year, developer Ebb Software has provided a release window for its upcoming title Scorn. Described as an "atmospheric first-person adventure game" that is set in a "nightmarishly biomechanical universe", Scorn was, in fact, first announced as a Kickstarter project back in 2018. It now has an expected release window of October 2022 as per a new press release:

The Kickstarter campaign also provides more details about the game:

Scorn is an atmospheric first-person horror adventure game set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry.

It is designed around the idea of "being thrown into the world". Isolated and lost inside this dreamlike world, you will explore different interconnected regions in a nonlinear fashion. The unsettling environment is a character itself.

Throughout the game, you will open up new areas, acquire different skill sets, weapons, and various items, while trying to comprehend the sights presented to you. We want to create a broad gameplay experience that is more than a simple blend of all the game mechanics. You will constantly be required to re-think and adapt your actions.

Features of Scorn include:

Cohesive lived-in world – Each region is a maze-like structure with various rooms and paths to discover. Living and breathing world, inhabited by many lifeforms, is yours to explore. But, be warned, for each action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Environmental storytelling – All the storytelling happens in-game, with no cut-scenes to distract you from the grisly reality of the world you’re in. Remember to keep your eyes open – the game won’t show you any sympathy if you miss something important on your uneasy travels.

Creature behavior – Denizens of Scorn have their own twisted lives and personalities. They can be curious, afraid, hostile, neutral and anything in between. They will react and adapt to your actions and the changes you bring to their environment

Fight or flight – The game has different rules that you have yet to learn if you want to survive. You will have to think about when to fight and when to take cover and how your actions affect everything around you.

Inventory and ammo management – Defined and limited, it plays a big role in keeping the player in an even greater state of awareness throughout the whole game. Different play styles will be needed to advance.

Full body awareness – Players will experience better immersion being aware of the character’s body and movement. Interaction with the environment is realistic – objects are picked up with your hands, machines and instruments are operated by grabbing the controls and every action takes time.

Contextual puzzles – A few things will look familiar, as strange machinery merged with organic forms fills the scenery. Discover the secrets of this odd technology so you could progress further. Everything has a reason and purpose – you just need to work out what it is.

Scorn is expected to launch on Xbox series S|X and PC in October 2022.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Looks like it's gonna be good, very atmospheric.

Dude those guns though look gross though, I'd never touch 'em in real life, I guess the bio-mechanical aspect goes to the guns too.

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Finally =D Absolutely love the uncomfortable aesthetic if this game, I'm really looking forward to finally jumping into that fucked up world next year.

Diego Liberal

Old School Gamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"first announced as a Kickstarter project back in 2018"

Fix that, this game is in development since 2014.

The first official teaser was on 2016

The game went on a "blackhole" of news that by 2017 I started to think that I dreamed about this game, that it wasn't real, because I didn't knew the name, nor could find any more videos, trailers, news.

I just found out that it wasn't a dream of mine years later, this year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr