scone

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by drtofu, Aug 8, 2007.

Aug 8, 2007

scone by drtofu at 1:10 AM (924 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. drtofu
    OP

Newcomer drtofu Advanced Member

United States
    They just got an update recently and they have most if not all of the things the r4/m3 (i think correct me if I'm wrong).
    Pricewise it varies from site to site as does r4s/m3s.. What makes this card not likeable?

2. JusDaMan

Newcomer JusDaMan Advanced Member

Actually no, The SCone is as good if not better than R4/M3. The only disadvantage that I see here is that SCDS1 is VERY reliant on the Micro sd card speed, and if you got a japan made one then there's no problem. Also it is not as easy to use as the R4/M3.

The majority of the New generation (Slot-1) users Bought R4/M3 because at the time it was the Easiest to use and SCDS1 along with the EZV wasn't as updated often as the R4/M3. And since slot-1 came out there has been enormous publicity to the DS homebrew community. But since the new generation users was never in the slot-2 era they didn't learn how to do stuff like patching, trimming etc (Which is not that hard). then R4 came in, a 100% clean rom card. the new generation didn't have to learn anything and just click buttons.

The SCDS1 does require you to set save size for the newer games that are not updated in their database yet. but the advantage of that is you do save space in the long run where as R4/M3 is set to max and each save is 512mb big. There using Alot more room.

As of right now SCDS = if not > M3/R4. But people are too in to defending the cart they bought and since majority is r4, Well they rag on all other cards. including nintnedo forums.

Bottom line, NO SCDS1 is not bad at all, is it a great card? Yes, is R4 a great card? Yes, But The people that are new to the DS scene should not get the SCDS1 as their starter card. (kids these days are too dumb to operate such advance systems) [​IMG] The R4/M3 are however one of the best starter carts right now. its the easiest to use since almost everything is preset for you.

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    yeah that is true, people tend to say whatever card they own is the best [​IMG]

4. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I seriously read: Scone. As in that bread cake thingy [​IMG]

5. drtofu
    OP

Newcomer drtofu Advanced Member

United States
    Hmm quick ? so its not 100% clean rom drop? just a bit of work here and there right? reason i asked is cause one it looks better /nicer to me and its still in stock>.< r4s at all other places in US based stores seem to be dry (Please correct me if i'm wrong. I'd be very thankful) SCONE at RHS.com is 42bucks +shipping if anyone can find a better deal or a cheaper/same price ish r4 please let me know. And thanks for the tips. SCONE sounds better imo.

6. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    it supports clean roms... it has best of both worlds

it also has the best real time cheat engine

7. ryohki

Member ryohki GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I was wondering if this was going to be a thread on how to pronounce it?
    I always say sc-own.... as opposed to scon.

8. quartercast

Member quartercast GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Here you go guys, enjoy!

[​IMG]

P.S. It's pronounced 'skon'

9. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    I always thought it was pronounced 'skown'.

10. quartercast

Member quartercast GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Sorry, a scone will beat an R4 any day. R4 was not lovingly baked by your grandma!

11. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    as said above (well 2 posts above) the R4 is more famous mainly due to support it is getting and feedback so if u are a starter go for it but if u really want a card NOW since R4/M3 is out... Sc-one(not skon) is good for ya rather get a cyclo if ya can