SciresM might have missed something about a Switch Pro or next gen Switch

willfr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have a twitter but I know SciresM is around here so I thought it's ok to post this. Basically, today he posted this

But Mike Heskin said the following in June...

I think there was indeed another SoC ("Switch Pro") that they cancelled or delayed at the last minute (apparently because of Covid craziness)

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah it's popular theory that the OLED Model was supposed to have an new chip, but because of the uncertainity how long the shortage will last they decided against it.

I think there is some truth to it, especially after Nintendos Tweet about the 4K devkits.

Reactions: willfr

willfr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya, I'm surprised SciresM didn't notice this (and I guess Mr. Heskin never mentioned this to him)

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's popular theory that the OLED Model was supposed to have an new chip, but because of the uncertainity how long the shortage will last they decided against it.

I think there is some truth to it, especially after Nintendos Tweet about the 4K devkits.
(That theory is incorrect. Aula has always used Mariko.)

Reactions: hartleyshc

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I'm surprised SciresM didn't notice this (and I guess Mr. Heskin never mentioned this to him)

I wrote the documentation hexkyz linked to and proofread those tweets before he sent them.

Similarly, he proofread my tweet this morning.

See:

1633045397003.png

The relevant changes in kernel were, in fact, for NX/are more completely implemented in 13.0.0.

Nothing was missed in my analysis, thanks.

willfr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wrote the documentation hexkyz linked to and proofread those tweets before he sent them.

Similarly, he proofread my tweet this morning.

See:

The relevant changes in kernel were, in fact, for NX/are more completely implemented in 13.0.0.

Nothing was missed in my analysis, thanks.
Thank you for replying and clearing this up and I meant no disrespect

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a twitter but I know SciresM is around here so I thought it's ok to post this. Basically, today he posted this

But Mike Heskin said the following in June...

I think there was indeed another SoC ("Switch Pro") that they cancelled or delayed at the last minute (apparently because of Covid craziness)

Think before you post.

Reactions: mathew77

Jeromy22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Even with the 4k devkit rumours from bloomberg, Im inclined to agree nintendo did a u-turn due to not being able to meet supply & demand numbers & decided on the OLED.
Even if they were going to, they wouldn’t release it with a year of the OLED, because sales would get hurt, & why release a hardware revision 6-7 years in? It would make zero sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol