Hacking Sciifii questions

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sciifii is a very nice and powerfull tool. Sadly it's not very well documented. The includet pdf has a nice overview over the syntax or nothing else.
Luckily most can be senn on the includet xml, but there are still a few things I don't know.

1. Where does sciifii expect wad files for offline installation an how does it expect them to be named? I just can't seem to get it to work... Or does it not even expect wad files but but just the contents of a wad, like hermes cios installer?

2. What's the difference between ES_HashCheck_Old and ES_HashCheck_New an which one shoul I use, or should I use both?

Any help would be much apreciated.
smile.gif

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the root of the SD card, not in the sciifii folder? Man that is some crappy system.
biggrin.gif

But thanks now I know...

Anybody now bout the hashceck patches?

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm nope doesn't work. It still doesn't find any wads and ofcourse it give you no hint whatsoever where to put them... -.-

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thx. found that out yesterday evening myself. Found also out that tags are case sensitive and "workingDirectory" is one of the few tags that starts with a lower case letter. -.-
Who makes an xml parser ase sensitive? Ah well whatever, now I know. However, I have another question.

According to the readme this should batch install all the wads in the folder batch. However when I start sciifii it tells me that this step doesn't exist. What is wrong with it?

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does nobody have an idea what's wrong? Did they remove that step in V3 or rename it and forgot to hange it in the readme?

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no I only added a batch-step to my previous steps. It is my understanding that I shouldn't need an extra option and mode for one step. Besides if that was the error siifii wouldn't tell me at startup that the step doesn't exist, would it?

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can name options whatever you want. Works with every other step.

Besides I tried naming it batch once (and ofcourse created an option for it), still wouldn't work.

And again even if that was what I was doing wrong it still wouldn't throw an error at sciifii startup that says that that step doesn't exist. Have you tested it with scifi v3 or are you just guessing here?

Don't get me wrong, I'm greatfull for every help I can get, but it sounds like you haven't understood my problem.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had this problem with V2 wouldn't install wads from specific folder and the xml for V3 is set out the same way so I would think it'll be the same

the error your getting when running sciifii is that you haven't created a step under steps called update

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't create a step under steps, called update. Under steps you can just use tags that are defined for steps, like title, SystemUpdater, etc.
And I have a lot of steps with option="update" there already.

Ill attach my xml.

You can try it yourself. If the WadBatchInstaller step is gone it works perfectly, if it's there it errors out:

Code:
secret

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
change the option name to batch

and add batch to the end of the mode

and you don't need to list all the wads you want installed/uninstalled it should just install all wad files in sd\sciifii\batch as working folder is sciifii

I used to have V2 install GX and neogamma forwarder channels, hermesv4 and rev17b from wad file after light hacking steps

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like I said I already tried a "batch" option. IT DOESN'T work.
Could you please try it before suggesting things here again? k thanks.

And I don't list all wads that will get installed / unstalled. But I have to list the system menu as I have to check that it's really there. Besides those listed files are not in the batch folder, but in the sciifii folder, as that's where sciifii gets them if you don't use wadbatchinstaller...

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
from what I can see from the xml and from the files that the offline downloader gets I wouldn't want to try it sorry

Your creating far too much work for yourself all you had to do is add a few lines to the existing xml file and you would have been done instead of rewriting the whole thing

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well since it errors out when sciifii starts there is nothing installed or uninstalled
wink.gif

Btw. apart from the wadbatchinstaller tag I tried it multiple times and it's perfectly save.

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I suspected they shortened the tag in V3 and forgot to document it. I got it through trail and error. Here is the new one:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU