T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The latest movie from director Joseph Kosinski (Tron Legacy) opens today in the UK.
I know Tom Cruise is hit or miss with some people but love him or hate him, this movie looks great!

tom-cruise-newly-released-oblivion-poster.jpg

Summary:
Following an alien invasion 60 years earlier which nearly destroyed the planet, former Marine commander Jack Harper (Tom Cruise) is one of the last few drone mechanics stationed on Earth. Jacks lives in an airborne tower floating thousands of feet above the Earth which he and his colleague are part of the operation to clean up the remaining forces of the invasion and extract the planet's remaining resources. Nearing the end of his mission, Jack rescues a female stranger (Olga Kurylenko) from a crashed spaceship. Following her arrival, he is captured by an insurgency led by the mysterious Malcolm Beech (Morgan Freeman) and following a series of events he is forced to question everything he knows about the invasion and its aftermath.

Anyone else going to see it?
I am going tonight with my wife using the Orange Wednesday 2 for 1 deal.
Was hard work getting her to agree to see a scifi movie but she was interested after seeing the extended trailer!
I will post back tonight after seeing it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'll definitely go see it.
I'm cautiously optimistic.

No spoilers in the review, please :P

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Well I just got back and the film was awesome. Scenery is outstanding, story is ok but depending what movies you have seen before you may see a lot of the plot twists coming (I clicked on to the big picture way before it was unveiled).
I very rarely go to the cinema nowadays and usually watch stuff at home but I'm glad I saw this one on the big screen. I rate it 8/10, definitely worth your time!

D

Deleted_171835

Just watched it. Story-wise, it leaves much to be desired (sci-fi cliches galore), but the scenery was great and the soundtrack wasn't bad. I'm a little disappointed but it's still worth watching for a couple bucks.

Any movie with Tom Cruise as the leading role is bound to blow. It's just a given.
Well you definitely shouldn't see this then. The plot twist would cause you to leave the theatre in a fit of rage.
TOM CRUISE, TOM CRUISE EVERYWHERE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)