Science Papa is S-L-O-W

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by hdhacker, Jul 24, 2009.

Jul 24, 2009

Science Papa is S-L-O-W by hdhacker at 2:30 AM (1,686 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. hdhacker
    OP

Member hdhacker GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Anyone try Science Papa yet? It loads up very slow. I tried this with multiple loaders, but I get the same results. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue.

2. Valguerra

Member Valguerra GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well i use cover floader and it loads alright. But just tryed it to test it out make sure it works.

3. FireFreek

Member FireFreek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How slow and when? Like the framerate itself or the loading time from loader to game? Have you tried with other games?

4. pnice

Newcomer pnice Member

United States
    I just tried it and it does the same thing for me. It's slow like frame rate slow almost. Even at the first screen where you select a save slot it's chopping along. It switched to a loading screen on me after that and locked up after about a minute of the little science papa icon in the corner. had to hold the power to turn it off.

5. hdhacker
    OP

United States
    You explained it better than me.

I'm using CIOS 249 rev 9 and I didn't try any of the Anti-002 stuff or alternate DOL. This is the ONLY game I have this problem with.

6. hdhacker
    OP

United States
    Shamelessly bumping...

7. Luriden

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm having the same problem. I'm on NTSC-U 4.0 (not like it matters), ciosv10, and I tried it with both USB Loader GX and Wiiflow. I didn't try it with the 002 error fix, but I doubt that would do anything for it. 002 fix causes games to boot that wouldn't normally, I don't think it can fix gameplay speeds.

8. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    Everyone ignored my topic about Science Papa I posted three days ago, but I'm glad I'm not crazy. I've had a lot of experience with soft modding and running backups on the Wii, but I never encountered something like this, which is why I had to see if others had the same thing.

In a way I'm relieved that it's not my Wii, but at the same time it could be troublesome if this is a new anti-piracy tactic. Imagine if all new games ran slow like Science Papa, and only the real disc would play normal. It might sound stupid, but I can't wrap my head around why it plays so choppy.

9. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Has anyone tried rev14 with it? It sounded as though it might be even more efficient, reading the change log.

10. Roobitz

Newcomer Roobitz Member

Canada
    I realize this is my first post here, but I registered to let you all know that the newest cIOS does indeed fix the slow running of this game. I had the exact same problem, installed cIOS38rev14 that was just released, and it works fine now.

Its actually quite an interesting game! Hope this helps some of you.

11. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    @Roobitz

You're right! I just tried playing it again after updating to cIOS_rev14, and it works perfectly now.

I don't get it though. Was this slow playback a problem amongst other games, and something that Waninkoko purposely fixed in this newer rev? Until Science Papa, I had never heard of, or experienced this slow/choppy playback with USB loaders. Either way, if this were to be common in newer games, rev14 fixes it, so we're good for now.

12. hdhacker
    OP

United States
    Thanks! I'll try it when I get home.

13. Mijkael

Newcomer Mijkael Newbie

United States
    well i play it with rev12, usb loader gx and have no problems...definitely you should try a newer cIOS