Schools that care about sleep

grey72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey, I'm alive and sleepy. If you're in school/college/prison, you ain't getting enough sleep probably. Well, that's what the powers-that-be think as well and some uber-utopian schools start later in the day, 9:30AM or so. If you go to such a school, tell me about you. I'm curious if you're happier/better at studies/can go super Saiyan.

Older people, please feel welcome to rub your stable schedules in my face, or tell me how you have or have had it much worse. I'm sure it's gonna make me feel really good, and greatly improve the conversation. Sincerely a dude with terrible sleepiness

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there something preventing you from going to bed a little earlier?
There is some evidence that greasy teenagers actually have a sleep pattern which favours waking up a bit later. Don't know how good it is and my opinion of most sleep studies is rather low, even by psychology field standards.

Anyway I have always been of the sleep when you are dead persuasion and preferred to learn things on my own time. At no point during formal schooling could I ever rock up late either (despite my laziness in all things I never got mornings off and was mostly having a packed schedule even when things went optional, which worked fine for me as afternoons are far more valuable anyway). I do it now for clients but that is because most are so busy that they need a few hours to get on top of things before I wander along, unless something is on fire but that is a different matter.

grey72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is some evidence that greasy teenagers actually have a sleep pattern which favours waking up a bit later. Don't know how good it is and my opinion of most sleep studies is rather low, even by psychology field standards.

Anyway I have always been of the sleep when you are dead persuasion and preferred to learn things on my own time. At no point during formal schooling could I ever rock up late either (despite my laziness in all things I never got mornings off and was mostly having a packed schedule even when things went optional, which worked fine for me as afternoons are far more valuable anyway). I do it now for clients but that is because most are so busy that they need a few hours to get on top of things before I wander along, unless something is on fire but that is a different matter.

I'm gonna have to agree with the dodgy sleep study, sleeping before midnight is the exception rather than norm if my class's group chat is anything to go by. I nap after school if possible, but it usually takes up longer than I was planning and i skip on packed days. Really could use an hour or two more in the morning,
cannot force bed to be early.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm gonna have to agree with the dodgy sleep study, sleeping before midnight is the exception rather than norm if my class's group chat is anything to go by.
So peer pressure is what is preventing you from going to bed earlier?
Again, I feel this sleep deprivation is largely self-inflicted.

grey72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So peer pressure is what is preventing you from going to bed earlier?
Again, I feel this sleep deprivation is largely self-inflicted.
Not peer pressure, I was pointing out that this seems to be what most of my peers do. I'm usually dead by 12.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Older person here, I can’t go to bed earlier. I usually go to sleep around 11-midnight and wake up at 6am. I’d love to go to sleep closer to 10, but I need to help my wife with her cpap machine. She can’t fall asleep with the mask on, so I have to help her. I love her a lot and don’t mind, but she fights me in her sleep sometimes and that gets to be a pain. Usually some tv shit show is on, that helps her to sleep. The kids, ugh, they usually sleep through the night, but sometimes the little one losses her bunny and cries when she can’t find it. The bunny or a fkkng hair clip. It’s 2am you don’t need a hair clip or your heart ring! On the weekends though, I’ll be the one up till 2am playing video games or taking something apart. Not much of a regular schedule here. I usually like to stay up late, after the kids have gone to bed, and have quiet time. I’ll get my headphones on and smoke a fatty. I love time to myself, but it comes with a cost. If I don’t get good sleep, I could be testy the next day. Weed during the day takes the edge off. So I’ll be sure we (the family) are staying home doing laundry and cleaning up the house, not driving anywhere. Welp, time to put the kids to bed. :)

Also, what is a “class group chat”? How does that work?

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Usually I used to stay up late because I knew I had School the next day.
I wanted to make the most of my time playing games etc.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
If you go to such a school, tell me about you. I'm curious if you're happier/better at studies/can go super Saiyan.
I do and I hate it. Our classes extend to late in the afternoon and you barely get enough free time at home before you need to go to sleep.
I'd rather start school at 8am like every normal school in Hungary.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Mommy and Daddy don't let me stay up late. It's not fair.
They say sleep is good for you but I want to stay up and play Pokemon.

grey72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Loosely similar situation here, most of the time I'm writing 'manuals', which don't help with learning at all and are a massive waste of time; and hence end up being completed at night.

A whatsapp group chat BTW, we have all our phone numbers and made a WhatsApp group to keep track of notices and submissions and whatnot

I do and I hate it. Our classes extend to late in the afternoon and you barely get enough free time at home before you need to go to sleep.
I'd rather start school at 8am like every normal school in Hungary.
Huh, I never thought of it that way. Win some lose some huh?

Mommy and Daddy don't let me stay up late. It's not fair.
They say sleep is good for you but I want to stay up and play Pokemon.
I was so obviously taking the piss on that one post last week that I'm surprised you even bothered posting this

Reactions: slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stayed on last night until 1am. My brother gave me a laptop and I wiped it clean, set it up. Woke up at 6am to get kids ready for school and myself ready for work. Having a family and being grown up doesn’t always mean you have a set schedule. My own fault though. Got coffee in the afternoon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse