Scenes in games that make you cry.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Age: Origins made me cry. It toyed with my emotions like I was a kid in a candy store with insufficient funds for what I want. I went from sad, to angry, to sad, then back to angry, to happy then sad all over again for beating the game, haha.

Then again, this is the manliest thread ever and... I'm a girl... >_>

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have to say Gears of War 2. The scene where Dom finally finds his wife, only to find out that she is a zombie shell of her former self. He then is only left with option to put here out of her misery and kill her. If that doesn't make you tear up at all, I'm not sure what will.
cry.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Not exactly a scene but

When there's a boss with like a shit bucket of hp and/or defense and I've been going berserk at him for an hour and a half, he's about to die and he pulls a mad flashy rocket tomato of an attack that one hit KOs me.

Those are heart-breakers.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not exactly cry, but actually moved.....some of the scenes at the end of the first SW Force Unleashed.
The love story and the ultimate sacrifice really stimulated my manly feelings......
Also the cut scenes in the Other M were pretty good.....

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There was this scene in Final Fantasy VIII...can't really remember where, but around the beginning or end of the 3rd CD...

For some reason, one of the characters start telling about how everyone in the party (along with the female antagonist) knew each other in their youth, but for some reason all the other characters couldn't remember it until this guy tells the others about it. It was in some garden...it was all sunny and tranquil...birds were singing...the other characters were in disbelief but couldn't quite deny it...then there was some recalling going on...and flashbacks...

...and I was sitting there behind my PC going "yeah, yeah, yeah...I get it. More plot going on. Why the hell can't I fast-forward this entire monologue? *presses 'next'-button furiously*".

Finally, after about 3 hours of inner musing, inner doubts, denying, accepting and more of that stuff, I was able to actually DO anything.

...and then my computer crashed.

Before I had the chance to save.

AAAARRGGGGGG!!!!!

Another such moment in that game was in that castle somewhere in the last CD. Probably near the end boss or something. Either way, all of the sudden, this magical castle comes and steals just about every stat I've grinded into. Was bad enough by itself...but then I had to fight that antagonist (perhaps even the end boss) who just killed my entire party in 2 turns.
hate2.gif

To this very day, fallout is still the only RPG-franchise I can play without getting traumatized.

EDIT: another one...but I think it may be off-topic, as it is not a scene "in a game".

Back in the old days, I was an avid UT2004 player. So when UT2007 the UT3 demo was released, I was more than eager to play it.
Now...the vehicle thingies was a total overhaul, which was just a disappointment to me. But that was okay (there were plenty of game modes without them).
But the interface was butt-ugly, unintuitive, clunky and barely had any options whatsoever. It was like you had to wade through a whole bunch of not-important screens and visual shit, just to start a game.

But that was okay...Epic (the makers) claimed they were listening to their fans and the demo (released about a month before the actual game) was open to criticism.

So fanboys like me did just that. We pointed out why it was ugly, how it could be improved, why it would be better, and so on. It wasn't as though we asked a lot of complex changes (seriously: how much effort is it to remove a screen that just says "are you sure you want to start the game?"?).
The result: nothing. The game itself still had that same sluggish look and feel about it. Fuck...their multiplayer tabs were so bad you couldn't even find your own clanmates (result: pretty much everyone played on open servers -> FPS veterans just slaughtered newbies, being boring for the former and frustrating for the latter).
It took them almost a year to fix things...and even then, the interface was improved to be "not good, but passable" rather than "absolutely terrible".

Yeah, I cried at that (the former UT series had far better GUI's...it was just one of those things that are so common you don't realise its quality until it's gone).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the storyline ending to Red Dead Redemption (meaning the last story based mission, everything after that is side missions although you have to do one of them to finish the game). I didn't exactly cry but I was getting really damn weepy.

There were a few scenes in Mass Effect as well.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mother 3.
Claus and Hinawa's death in chapter 1. and the ending.
EVERY SINGLE ENDING. Well almost all of them. They pretty much all made me cry/want to cry in some way
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
When they eventually find out that Celeste is actually Claire and that the experiment actually DID work, sending her into the future and finally at the part where she has to travel back to the time of the explosion which IN OTHER WORDS means, when Claire dies.
Only 3 games that've made me cry.

EDIT: forgot PL3

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, when:
When they eventually find out that Celeste is actually Claire and that the experiment actually DID work, sending her into the future and finally at the part where she has to travel back to the time of the explosion which IN OTHER WORDS means, when Claire dies.
frown.gif

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheTwoR's said:
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, when:
frown.gif
Completely forgot about this somehow, I'm adding it to my post.

NDSno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say that I almost cry when playing Fragile Dreams Fairwell Ruins of the moon on Wii. This game has a wonderful story, and very heart-touching. I recommend this game on Wii
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: