Scene Releases.

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by toh_yxes, Jul 25, 2009.

Jul 25, 2009

Scene Releases. by toh_yxes at 10:31 AM (670 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. toh_yxes
    OP

Member toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Suppose it counts as a problem. But it seems GBAtemp's database is not that up-to-date. I was on this ABGX Nintendo DS Release List thingy, and I noticed it had releases up to 4742, which kind of surprised me. Is this an error on their part? Or is GBAtemp wrong?

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    maybe they just forgot to update the gOnline?

3. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Its on their part. If you check most major ROM sites, the numbering is less than even 4500 only.... An, I think there are some dumps that are not counted as part of the release and listed as #XXXX... maybe they numbered them... and iirc demos don't count as part of the release but they number the DK kiosk demp as 4710....

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    That list (I just checked search keyword demo) also includes Demo/Kiosk and Beta and Nukes as part of their numbering when they really should be listed as XXXX hence the numbering differs as Domination points out a lot of sites differ or number or count as SCENE/NON SCENE etc [​IMG]

5. toh_yxes
    OP

Member toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    ah ok. That explains alot. But then, I added a scene release. And under the topic it said :
    ndsrelease - 5189
    alot of different numbers here.
    [​IMG]