Scene Releases - Good?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by xbman, Feb 15, 2007.

1. xbman
    OP

xbman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2006
    I don't think this goes against forum rules (if it does please delete) - but since you report on scene releases for GBA, NDS and Wii I figured I would ask the question (I did a search but couldn't find an answer - so if it is already out there a link would be appreciated).

Two things:

1) If I download a scene release and unscamble and burn it will it work?
    2) Is there a list of working / non-working scene releases?

The reason I ask is that with the 360 a lot of the early rips were garbage and/or needed to be patched with an SS. I am just looking for information on confirmed scene releases and what (aside from unscrambling) might need to be done to get them to work.

Again, if I am asking questions that have already been asked, I apoligize, but rather then flaming, if you can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    There are some threads on some games not working specifically on Cyclowiz, but that's about it.

As long as the release is unscrambled (and if it fits on a DVD it is) you should be able to burn (on good media, DVD-R, slow speed) and play (on a chipped Wii).

There are some fake releases from a while back, but there aren't even files for them, so the fake releases don't even really exist.

3. Dylanwhat

Dylanwhat Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Check the forum thread for the release, people have begun to test the games and comment.. soon they'll be officially nuked I guess.

4. shtonkalot

shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

May 28, 2006
    Gosford, Australia
    The PAL release of Super Monkey Ball from PI was bad and there seems to be a lot of copies floating around the net still.
    Apart from that I think they're all good.