mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ONE MILLION EUROS!

dr-evil.jpg

Dukio.com (PS3Crunch) has reported the following news regarding famed PS3 hacker, Graf_Chokolo:

"I received a legal notice from SCEE lawyers requesting me to remove the coolstuff links that graf_chokolo has distributed on grafchokolo.com as well as the links at this blog. What I found interesting in the legal notice is that the lawyers are suing graf_chokolo for 1 million euros. That is quite a number, but graf_chokolo doesn’t seem to care.

He still want to hack the PS3, where he said he cannot sleep knowing that he cannot touch the hypervisor of the PS3. Man, I never see someone like graf, he is an extraordinary hacker and developer that Sony wasting it by making a lawsuit against him."

The story goes on to provide a quote from, Graf himself:

"Back
smile.gif
I don’t have a PC at home now guys, so i will post here only when i’m able. I will try to answer all your questions about HV and installing Linux. But expect some delays because as i said i don’t have access to the Internet all the time.

You know guys, you will say i’m totally crazy now, but i never slept better than in the last 2 days
smile.gif
I don’t know how to explain this feeling but I don’t care about those threats with jail and high money penalties, btw, SONY wants about 750.000 euros from me if i don’t cooperate
smile.gif
They don’t know me at all
smile.gif
I don’t care about it and they might double it
smile.gif
The higher is the sum the higher gets my motivation
smile.gif
They don’t understand what makes me tick. Money and even my life doesn’t mean to me very much without knowledge. I have a scientific mind and the knowledge is food to my brain. Without HV, Linux and FreeBSD kernel hacking my life is meaningless.

I miss my HV terribly
smile.gif
In the last 2 days i got so “hungry” for more knowledge that i cannot control it anymore. I need knowledge and research, it has a huge meaning in my life. Jail or even death cannot hold it back anymore.

The SONY’s laywer asked me why i’m doing what i’m doing, because of my hatred for SONY ? He cannot understand why i’m doing it, because he is paid for what he does. I’m not. I don’t hold a grudge against SONY even now
smile.gif
Hatred clouds your mind, keeps you from more important things. I have a better use for my mind and knowledge
smile.gif

So, SONY you failed again, you took my equipment but my mind is still free and you canot control it. You failed again. They are just tools, i can get new ones and will continue my HV reversing and bringing back PS3 Linux which you took from us. If you want me to stop then you should just kill me because i cannot live without programming, HV and Linux kernel hacking
smile.gif
You know who am i and where i live, so come and get me !!!
smile.gif

And to prove it, i will reopen right now my HV reverse engineering page
smile.gif
And i will post my latest findings about Update Manager and BD drive here. Most of you know already that i was able to update CORE OS from Linux. And on the last weekend i tries to hel some PS3 devs with BD drive authentication and discovered some interesting stuff about it which i will post here.

And please guys, could someone post here a link to the latest version of my cloned Linux kernel. I need it. The last week i implemnted a updater for Linux and it was finished but the police got first before i could upload it. But do not fear, i have everything in my head
smile.gif
I can write it down again and show you how it works."

source: http://ps3crunch.com/grafchokolo.html

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hova1 said:
Raiser said:
I admire the guy's guts, but anyone else hear him screaming attention whore?
I don't, u must be jelly...

Grow up.

So, SONY you failed again, you took my equipment but my mind is still free and you canot control it. You failed again. They are just tools, i can get new ones and will continue my HV reversing and bringing back PS3 Linux which you took from us. If you want me to stop then you should just kill me because i cannot live without programming, HV and Linux kernel hacking You know who am i and where i live, so come and get me !!!
This whole statement is obviously meant to mock Sony. But why tell this to us? He wants us to think he's this tough, courageous fellow.
Yes your mind will always be free, and yes, I'm sure Sony knows mind-controlling is out of the question. No one's judging you by your love of programming.

"...you should just kill me"? "...so come and get me !!!"?
Give me a break.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine if they put him in a prison that has a PS3. Hoo man that'd be funny.

He could probably open all the cells in the whole prison with that thing. /sarcasm

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mechadylan said:
Gitaroo said:
sounds like he has some....issue....
Is "rage" an "issue?" If so, then yes.

rage? he said he doesn't hate Sony even now and "Hatred clouds your mind, keeps you from more important things". Just love hacking and love linux a bit too much maybe.

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gitaroo said:
mechadylan said:
Gitaroo said:
sounds like he has some....issue....
Is "rage" an "issue?" If so, then yes.

rage? he said he doesn't hate Sony even now and "Hatred clouds your mind, keeps you from more important things". Just love hacking and love linux a bit too much maybe.
He told Sony to "back off... or else." German police violating your place of home and confiscating your tech belongings would inspire "rage" within the best of us.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
mechadylan said:
German police violating your place of home and confiscating your tech belongings would inspire "rage" within the best of us.
True dat. If German police raided my home and took my stuff I'd be all "WTF
wtf.gif
Not cool, man."

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
mechadylan said:
German police violating your place of home and confiscating your tech belongings would inspire "rage" within the best of us.
True dat. If German police raided my home and took my stuff I'd be all "WTF
wtf.gif
Not cool, man."
Exactly. Graf was just "following through" imo. Kudos to him. Fight the power! :skyward clenched fist:

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raiser said:
I admire the guy's guts, but anyone else hear him screaming attention whore?

No. You are jealous. It's natural for people to be jealous of someone who's popular and getting a lot of attention.

Besides, attention whore is thrown around way too much. Everybody who hits the news, you come here and you see "attention whore" "attention whore" "attention whore" "attention whore".

Jelly much?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not so smart imo. i admire his "courage" whilst it seems he refers to it as well im not so sure what to make out from what he's saying, i see where he is going with this in a moral sense, but meh guy has loose screws for sure.

why advertise your name and all - don't get it; and many underestimated the danger they were obviously getting into, lets face it, we all should know that Sony for one doesn't take things lightly.

D

Deleted User

Was this original text in German? If it wasn't, it probably would have made more sense if it was, assuming German is Graf's primary language. These Sony vs XXX cases are really shaping up to determine the future of consumer rights. It seems to me like Sony is trying to everything it can to provoke hackers/developers into acting out some malicious intent; something that they can prosecute as actual damaging offenses. I'm surprised that they haven't gone after the groups responsible for the backup managers since PS3-Piracy has pretty much established-a-foothold, I also read something on psgroove last week about people being able to bypass FAT (4GB limits) w/ some sort of HJ-Split/RAR01 connecting software... (Splitting huge games into 4GB FAT files and linking them together on an NTFS HDD).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)