Hacking SCDSTwo Dragon Quest 6 Flying Bed Freeze

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have a SCDSTwo that I use on my N3DS. In Dragon Quest VI (6), the game keeps freezing as soon as I enter the Dream World from Matt's Bed in Clearvale. Is there a fix for this? I think the Flying Bed is needed to proceed in the game. Thoughts and help GREATLY appreciated :)

Reactions: ertaboy356b

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reboot the game and load the game save, not a save state. Clean your cartridge's contacts. Reboot the N3DS. Try a different ROM dump.

Last edited by zfreeman,

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need to replace the .nds file, not the .sav file. Have you updated the DStwo recently?

DStwo update tutorial:

The DStwo should be updated with all the latest AP patches, but if you want to manually patch it, use this attachment. Drag the ROM onto the Dicastia-Patch.exe, Click Yes to keep the original file (No to save over), then click OK to finish.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need to replace the .nds file, not the .sav file. Have you updated the DStwo recently?

DStwo update tutorial:

The DStwo should be updated with all the latest AP patches, but if you want to manually patch it, use this attachment. Drag the ROM onto the Dicastia-Patch.exe, Click Yes to keep the original file (No to save over), then click OK to finish.

How do I update it with latest AP Patches? Also, I replaced the ROM, but now cheats are not working. I can still access the cheat menu and codes/cheats are listed, but they are not working. For example, I applied the "walk through walls" cheat, just to test cheats out, and it did not work, not able to walk through any walls... Help GREATLY appreciated :)

Note: I am trying all this on a N3DS with Luma and B9S installed. System firmware is 11.6.0-39U

Last edited by Skeet1983,

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest AP patches should be in the latest DStwo firmware. If you have any cheats on, turn them off and reboot the game. Cheats can also cause freezing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I do not recommend using "walk through walls" as that can easily corrupt any running code. Try something less intrussive like "max money".

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disabled cheats, and game froze at same place, but that was before I replaced the ROM file. Anyway, I want to use cheats in games, but now they are not working as intended. For example in DQ6, the walk through walls cheat is not working. Is there anything I can do?

The latest AP patches should be in the latest DStwo firmware. If you have any cheats on, turn them off and reboot the game. Cheats can also cause freezing.

I do not recommend using "walk through walls" as that can easily corrupt any running code. Try something less intrussive like "max money".

I tried max money, max medals also. No cheats are working now...

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried cheats one at time, even reset game and reloaded. Cheats are not working, but they are listed.

Really wanted to use the walk through walls code. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? I tried playing a different game (Mega Man ZX) and cheats do work in that game...

Update: Is there a place I can get a recent/updated cheat database file for DS games on SCDSTwo? Help GREATLY appreciated :)

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably don't work after altering the ROM. You can use another usrcheat to see if that helps. You should be able to use a clean ROM after updating the DStwo firmware with the latest EOS.

Attachments

• usrcheat.7z
    1 MB · Views: 347

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably don't work after altering the ROM. You can use another usrcheat to see if that helps. You should be able to use a clean ROM after updating the DStwo firmware with the latest EOS.

Ok, thanks so much. I do know that the game has AP checks, I think the freeze is due to that. How do I update the DSTWO Firmware and also how do I apply the latest EOS? Also, that usrcheat you linked me to, how recent is it?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by zfreeman,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... I have 2 usrcheat files on my SCDSTwo mSD card. One in "F:\__rpg\cheats", other in "F:\_dstwo"... Is that normal?

Also, in DS game list screen, it lists DSTWOMENU as version 1.11 under help...

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
__rpg folder is for r4, not DStwo, I recommend deleting that folder. For DStwo EOS, you should only have _dstwo folder and ds2boot.dat file on SD root. SuperCard team never edited the EOS version number, so it is actually 1.14.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I updated to latest SCDSTwo Firmware and also updated EOS. In DQ6, cheats are still not working, yet I can see cheats listed for game. I replaced game ROM and also replaced usrcheat file. Not sure what is going on... Help GREATLY appreciated :)

Commodore_Dragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys. I have a SCDSTwo that I use on my N3DS. In Dragon Quest VI (6), the game keeps freezing as soon as I enter the Dream World from Matt's Bed in Clearvale. Is there a fix for this? I think the Flying Bed is needed to proceed in the game. Thoughts and help GREATLY appreciated :)

I got the same problem, I'm using DeSmuME. Do you know a way to solve the problem, or do you know which code or codes cause the problem?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t remember what caused the problem or what codes may have caused it. I play the game still, but on R4i Gold Plus. Hope a solution is found though [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commodore_Dragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don’t remember what caused the problem or what codes may have caused it. I play the game still, but on R4i Gold Plus. Hope a solution is found though [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I finally found a way to solve my problem, I disabled the Action Replay codes just before getting the flying bed, after I enabled the AR codes, was as simple as that. On Desmume you only nedd te click >Tools >Cheats >Disable for disable. And the same for enable. It work also for when the hero is remembering is training with the Royal Guard chief.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: