Hacking SCDS2 SFC/SNES EMU .CHT Files Needed!!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I am in need of 2-3 .CHT files which work on the SFC EMU for the SCDS2. I was pointed to a few "set" downloads but I have been unable to get those files working. If anyone can provide for me 2-3 working files would you be so kind as to post a follow up MSG?

Also if anyone has any information as to which .CHT files are actually supported. I've read much speculation that certain SNES .CHT files are of a different format?

This information is for an official review and I would be happy to thank anyone who helps me out at the end of the review.

Cheers,
-Another World

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
phew after some searching i think found them

*removed see filetrip link*

The CHT needs to be the same as the ROM name (minus the extension).

found them from the supercard forum

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
well i've tried a few games so far. romname.smc is the same as cheatname.cht. roms are in the gamepak directory and cheats are in the gamecht directory. my roms have been verified against cowering's good tools.

i load the rom, click on the touch screen, goto cheats, and load the cheat file. the screen flashes back to the cheat gui area and no cheats are loaded. it has done this for every rom i've tested so far today.

i'm assuming either cheating isn't working on this build or they maybe debugged the code based around 1 .cht file and the rest are failing for some reason.

if anyone knows of 1 specific file that DOES work please let me know.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
yea i'm going to just say that snes cheating is not working at all in the current build. there is no documentation or proof to support otherwise. i've dled multiple cheat files from different sources. i've converted cheat files. i've even tried to make some of my own. each time the software just goes back to the gui area without loading anything.

i'd love to find 1 working file so i can take some screen caps and then just chalk the rest up to software bugs. oh well.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
thanks to some help from costello, i've received some information from team sc. the emu supports snes9x cheat codes. you can make .cht files using the "emu cheat" software. however, i haven't found a copy in english yet. the little bit of research i've conducted makes me think it is a software for comparing values to make AR style cheats. i don't think it simply writes out cheats to a properly formatted file that the emu can use, but i could be wrong.

anyone care to help out with making some working .cht files?

-another world

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
thanks to some help from costello, i've received some information from team sc. the emu supports snes9x cheat codes. you can make .cht files using the "emu cheat" software. however, i haven't found a copy in english yet. the little bit of research i've conducted makes me think it is a software for comparing values to make AR style cheats. i don't think it simply writes out cheats to a properly formatted file that the emu can use, but i could be wrong.

anyone care to help out with making some working .cht files?

-another world

I can have a go. Do you want .cht files for specific games or do you just want a couple of working files?

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
games that don't have long intros, rpgs, etc... so i can test quickly. oh and games in english =P

-another world

Super Mario World it is, then. Just tested a .cht file made using Snes9x 1.51 and it didn't work. I got the same as usual, no cheats loaded when selecting 'Load Cheat File'. I'll try with that other app and see how it goes.

Do you know if the .cht files needed are encoded in any way or are they just plain .txt files?

I've got that software and I'm having a go now, just have to find some cheats for myself and hopefully this will work..

EDIT: That Emucheat software is a weird one! It reckons I have no games for Snes9x. It sees Snes9x when I have it running but even when I import a .cht file, it does nothing... I'll keep trying though.

EDIT 2: Emucheat is nonsense but I'll try using some .cht files from it, there's a directory full so I'll see what I can do! The .cht files are plain text so it'll just be a case of borrowing the syntax...
Emucheat .cht file[99 Lives]
ON=596,36

[GameInfo]
Name=Super Mario World (U) [!]
System=FC
Text=Super Mario World (U) [!]

Right, that's the way these .cht files seem to be written. I am now having trouble with the actual cheat codes themselves. Next to where it says 'on' is a 3-digit number followed by a 2 digit number separated by a comma. Now I presume these are the cheat addresses but there's only 5 numbers. For a Hex code, I'll need at least 6 digits and for a Game Genie code, I need 8! I'm gonna keep trying some stuff and will edit this post later....

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've linked multiple packs to multiple people, but haven't been able to FIND even a sample of one that works. :\ I'm sure if we could find one that works it'd be trivial for somebody to make a converter.

All these for the the (U) ROM of Super Mario World.

I know ZSNES's CHT files aren't plaintext, if needed I can give a description of the format in hex.
http://rydian.net/hosting/cht/zsnes/

SNES9X's aren't plaintext either, but they appear at first glance to be the same as ZSNES's.
http://rydian.net/hosting/cht/snes9x/

Now, the different one I've seen is the one for bsnes, it's in a plaintext format.
http://rydian.net/hosting/cht/bsnes/

Snemul (PC version) I couldn't figure out how to add cheats to, they didn't appear to work and when I tried searching it'd crash when I activated one... and SNESGT doesn't appear to have cheat support at all.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i can not get the emucheat software to see snes9x, and i've placed it in the root directory according to this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116242. how did you get it to work?

here is a sample cheat file from team supercard. let me know if it helps at all.

file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xnly47

here is a snes9x example i found on the web:

CONTRA3 THE ALIEN WAR

Address Value Description
0x001F8A 0x20 Extra Lives Player 1 = 32

-another world

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Run Emucheat while Snes9x is running, but that's the only joy I can get out of it. It'll see Snes9x but will not apply any cheats..

Here's a Snes9x .cht file for Mario World with a 99 lives cheat that works. It works with Snes9x but not with DSTwo Snes emu. Might be useful just as a working cheat.

EDIT: Another World, was that .cht file you linked to supposed to look like this:
Errr.PNG

Or was it in Chinese like I suspect?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that's nothing like normal SNES emulator cheat files. XD Yes it's in chinese, you need to set the encoding character set to chinese (easy to do with Notepad++), then simply copy-paste it to a text box in your browser (such as google translate) if your editor isn't using a unicode font.

Anyways it's definitely the same sort of format as GBA cheat files, so if I can't work out some basics then Cracker will be able to.

QUOTE said:
[Time]
ON = 4A, C8
So that could be 7E004AC8. 7E being the RAM bank (sometimes it's not explicitly stated because people rarely use PAR codes to modify ROM banks), 004A being the address, and C8 being the value to set that address to. I don't know this game, but setting the time to 200 sounds more plausible than 74, as part of the name translates to "rescue", it sounds like a platformer.

QUOTE[Life-blood cells]
Full Grid = 48,14
Normal = 48,06
7E0048XX, choice one sets to 20, choice 2 sets to 06.

I assume ON means it's a toggle, and other stuff means it should prompt for a selection from the user.

So.... try this.

http://rydian.net/hosting/cht/dstwo/

As I lack a DSTwo I can't do any actual testing of it myself, sorry.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Okay, that's nothing like normal SNES emulator cheat files. XD Yes it's in chinese, you need to set the encoding character set to chinese (easy to do with Notepad++), then simply copy-paste it to a text box in your browser (such as google translate) if your editor isn't using a unicode font.

Anyways it's definitely the same sort of format as GBA cheat files, so if I can't work out some basics then Cracker will be able to.

QUOTE said:
[Time]
ON = 4A, C8
So that could be 7E004AC8. 7E being the RAM bank (sometimes it's not explicitly stated because people rarely use PAR codes to modify ROM banks), 004A being the address, and C8 being the value to set that address to. I don't know this game, but setting the time to 200 sounds more plausible than 74, as part of the name translates to "rescue", it sounds like a platformer.

QUOTE[Life-blood cells]
Full Grid = 48,14
Normal = 48,06
7E0048XX, choice one sets to 20, choice 2 sets to 06.

I assume ON means it's a toggle, and other stuff means it should prompt for a selection from the user.

So.... try this.

http://rydian.net/hosting/cht/dstwo/

As I lack a DSTwo I can't do any actual testing of it myself, sorry.

WORKING! As far as being able to select cheats! Don't know if the actual cheat works, am testing that now. Rydian FTW!

EDIT: Trying to select the cheat while running the ROM made my DS freeze..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess my numbers aren't right then. I uploaded a modified copy with "2" in front, try that one while I go compare the sample CHT to the sample game to see which values go where (I don't even know the game's title so this might take a bit).

EDIT: The game's Nosferatu it seems.

EDIT2: Seems my first guess at the values was right (meaning the 2 file won't work).

shotq.jpg

Whoops.

Anyways I guess the problem would lie in some extra info below the codes I didn't include because the section label was in chinese and not on it's own line, that didn't make technical sense to me so I thought it was just part of a comment and not something required. >>;

EDIT4: Just added the third test there, see if that works.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Well I guess my numbers aren't right then. I uploaded a modified copy with "2" in front, try that one while I go compare the sample CHT to the sample game to see which values go where (I don't even know the game's title so this might take a bit).

EDIT: The game's Nosferatu it seems.

EDIT2: Seems my first guess at the values was right (meaning the 2 file won't work).

shotq.jpg

Whoops.

Anyways I guess the problem would lie in some extra info below the codes I didn't include because the section label was in chinese and not on it's own line, that didn't make technical sense to me so I thought it was just part of a comment and not something required. >>;

EDIT4: Just added the third test there, see if that works.

3rd cheat file worked a charm. I selected 'Small' from the cheat selection menu and my Mario stayed small. So that's all good then?

EDIT: I can't get my own cheats to work so maybe I'm going to change the way I search for them...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hot damn, it means we have working CHT files. Well, maybe. Choose one of the other choices (such as cape) and see if that does it (since small is a 0 value, I want to make sure other values get applied as well).

It that works then I'd like people to test some other games so I can see what else works... but I'll make those in a few minutes.

EDIT: Actually wait, I just uploaded a fourth test file, tell me if that works.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Hot damn, it means we have working CHT files. Well, maybe. Choose one of the other choices (such as cape) and see if that does it (since small is a 0 value, I want to make sure other values get applied as well).

It that works then I'd like people to test some other games so I can see what else works... but I'll make those in a few minutes.

Yes, they work. Mario stayed endowed with a cape even after my blatantly running into enemies! We do appear to have a working .cht file!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.