Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
SCDS2 SFC EMU Review Supplement
Official GBATemp Review
00_scds2_snes_emu_review_supplement-header-01.jpg

After nearly 14 days and over 100 hours of work I have just completed the final touch-ups to the SCDS2 SFC EMU Review Supplement. The review supplement focuses heavily on the G.U.I. and compatibility. I tested Homebrew, prototype games, unreleased games, features, and more. Please take a moment to read through the review supplement, which brings us 1 step closer to a final reexamination and an award for the SCDS2, and then join the discussion.

Please do not clutter the discussion thread by pointing out typos or grammatical errors. Please save those comments for PM.

icon11.gif
 SCDS2 SFC EMU Review Supplement

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
another good review

but man put it all together and the this dstwo review is the longest review I've read, it's not even done, you still need to add the iplayer review

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
RoMee said:
another good review

but man put it all together and the this dstwo review is the longest review I've read, it's not even done, you still need to add the iplayer review

when i look back on it i try to imagine what it would have been like to do it all at one time. you are probably looking at a review that would take 2 months, the way i write reviews. i could have easily skipped out on the details of each bit of software and only mentioned compatibility in passing, but then it wouldn't have been complete. i still don't know how to attack the iplayer portion. will users get upset if i don't test 1 of every possible file encode? it could turn from something that will take a few days into something that will take a month. to be honest i don't see the need to test all types of encodes to see exactly what the software can do. just like i didn't test every single rom and homebrew for the other parts of the review and i didn't test every pdf file for the ireader.

-another world

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, so far it seems ur reviews are very complete and well done so i wouldn't worry. Some interesting stuff would be to know how well it converts 1080 or 720 HD/SD video and how most popular format are handled by it. Besides that i guess if u do ur usual like on regular review itl be fine.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As for encodes, I'd just test the big standards: MKV, AVI, WMV, MPG/MPEG, MP4 and FLV. I wouldn't worry about weird little encodes that few use, like the ultra-lo-quality RMVB or VOB (VOB is useless for iplayer anyway cause it's huge and DVD quality)

Then, sizes should be tested, just test 320x240 (portable encode) 640x480 (Standard Encode) and 1080x720 (HD Encode, LOL who wants HD on a 3inch screen), those are the standard sizes, I think.

Every day, I wish my DSTWO will arrive when I see all of these updates...

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No its just that most movies and video ppl have in their library are often 720 or 1080 so i wonder how the player can run them without having to resize them or download lower resolution than the current library they have...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte