wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
sclogo.gif
SCDS2 iPlayer Movie Plug-in
11/11/10 Expected Release
01_scds2_video_player_hands-on_impressions-main.jpg

Team SuperCard has provided some more info on the upcoming Movie Plug-in, now officially named the iPlayer. The software is expected to be released on 11/11/10 and will feature some core updates, bug fixes, and more. Users will be happy to hear that external subtitle files are now supported (sadly only .SRT). GBATemp has received a change log for the recent BETA as well as the BETA itself. Although there will not be a second round of testing, I would be happy to answer any specific questions which directly relate to this update.

Change Log said:
• Fixed upper left corner of the wrong spell HALP to HELP
• Added external subtitle support. (Subtitles setting is in the display settings)
• FLV loading time speed up.
• Fixed the memory clean bug which press B return to file browser, but memory not clean, cause file browse slow down.
• Fixed the bug which still display last file name when exit palying interface.

Subsitle:
• support *.srt
• Support text color change
• Support text backgraound color change.

Usage:
• example.avi
• example.srt

Special thanks to our SC contact for the news!

icon11.gif
GBATemp Hands-on Preview

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I just can't wait for the release

What with 'iReader' for the viewing Text/Pictures, & now the 'iPlayer' for Video/Music - All I need now is a selection of PDA type plugins (e.g TXT editor/File Editor/Calendar/Calculator/Planner etc) & I guess I won't really need Moonshell2 anymore
& before anyone says - use 'DSOrganise' - I already do, but it would be nice to go STRAIGHT to some of the features that it has from the plugin menu (I've never use the Browser/IRC or HB database & wish I could get rid of those)

@ Black_Knight_666: apparently it can support the following
  • Video?Avi,Rm/Rmvb,Mpeg,3gp,Flv,Mov,Wmv
    Audio?mp3,wma,ape,flav,wav,aac,ogg,ra,m4a
It seems it can handle any resolution BUT the larger it is the more likely it will suffer from picture corruption & stutters

SOURCE:
http://www.yopool.com/news/24/DSTwo-Player...ing-Report.html
http://www.yopool.com/news/23/SCDStwo-medi...er-testing.html

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awwwww I think HALP would of been neat
wink.gif

It sounds like when a noob asks for help

BTW can't wait will be nice to finally have the stated plug-ins. Then the team can get to working on bug fixes for all the plug-ins

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If any of the fine freaks working here at GBAtemp could pass it on to SC team; SRT is nice, but most subbed video files are Soft-subbed, so softsub MKV support would be nicer
biggrin.gif

As far as HALP, yes, it's funny, but it's unprofessional, SC team still needs to look good and sell cards.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
maybe i'm showing my age here, but any subs which are external files (.sub, .ass, .srt) used to be called "soft-subs" as opposed to hard-subs which are encoded with the video. does mkv contain the vid and subs but the subs aren't hard-coded and can be extracted as a file? the mkv i tested with subs worked, but i don't know how the vid was encoded. sorry for my mkv ignorance, its not a scene standard and i rarely come across it as a format.

-another world

DoomRavager

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@Another World - Generally if people use the mkv container, the subtitles should be softsubs. You could check the details of the mkv using MediaInfo, it displays details of what tracks are included and how they were encoded.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
maybe i'm showing my age here, but any subs which are external files (.sub, .ass, .srt) used to be called "soft-subs" as opposed to hard-subs which are encoded with the video. does mkv contain the vid and subs but the subs aren't hard-coded and can be extracted as a file? the mkv i tested with subs worked, but i don't know how the vid was encoded. sorry for my mkv ignorance, its not a scene standard and i rarely come across it as a format.

-another world

It's a little confusing.

Nowadays, pretty much anything with subtitles is encoded in .mkv. The subtitles are softsubs (sometimes MULTIPLE softsubs are available for multilingual material) embedded into the MKV (but still extractable) "DirectVobSub" is probably the most used handler of such subs.

Dual audio works the same way, each .mkv (and even some breeds of .avi) can hold multiple audio tracks, DirectVobSub handles them as well.

The real benefit of encoding this way is that there is only one file to manage instead of multiple files. Plus, it's just a standard.

Most common in anime.

amiga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Etalon said:

Finally, they officially recognize what everybody knew, the supercard team made the iplayer.

And this seems that the iplayer is practically dead, sad for me, I bought it because I thought coming from sc team it was gonna have great support, how wrong I was.

At least they could launch a firmware update that makes the iplayer compatible with scds2 (not with ds roms, Im only interested on homebrew, emus) and then forget about iplayer if they want.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Another World said:

-another world
.mkv is Scene standard for several years now, e.g. http://pastebin.com/x1rivxS5
tongue.gif
- even though I doubt SCDS2 supports HD playback.
wink.gif
There are lot's and lot's of Torrent trackers that serve non-scene SD x264 encodes in .mkv containers, though.

Usually ASS/SSA is being used in .mkv, several tools can convert that to .srt.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
Does mkv contain the vid and subs but the subs aren't hard-coded and can be extracted as a file?

That is correct, but not necessarily - MKV is a container, but it doesn't mean that the subs can't be hard coded (and therefor, can't be extracted), but then there wouldn't be a point in having an MKV file, so it's quite rare to find an MKV file with subs that are attached to the video.

Most MKV files contain a video file, an audio file (or multiple audio files) and (mostly in animes) a subs file (again, there might be multiple subs files).
It may also contain fonts.
All can be extracted individually, if they are separated to begin with (inside the container), which means - not attached to the video.

QUOTE(Another World @ Nov 9 2010, 07:25 AM) the mkv i tested with subs worked, but i don't know how the vid was encoded.

If you're talking about the video I sent you, then the subs were hard coded.

Anyway, having only .srt support is not a big deal.
It's very easy (and quick) to convert subs files - all you gotta do is download
Subtitle Workshop (which is 100% free), load your subs file, and then save as SubRip (.srt).
Shouldn't take more than 20 seconds...

For extracting subs from an MKV, I suggest using MKVextractGUI (search for "MKVtoolnix"),
and just as I wrote on the SC forum, If there's a dual audio MKV file, the SC2 video plug-in will (most likely) play only the default audio file, so if you want it to play the other audio file, you gotta extract the video, your chosen audio file and subs file (if there is one), and then merge the video file and the audio file with mkvmerge (which is also contained in the MKVtoolnix package - which is also 100% free, btw), and leave the subs file (if there is one) outside - so the SC2 will be able to read it, as I suppose it won't be able to read the subs if they were inside the container.

Thanks for the info btw
smile.gif

RalphUp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mechagouki said:
Hope they know iPlayer is a trademark of the Philips corporation.
HAHA Thats a Funny one! I think they would be MORE worried about the Nintendo / Third Party Developers RIGHTS than that of Philips!!!
blink.gif

PS BBC have an iPlayer too!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water