Hacking SCDS1

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get another flash cart. I already have a few, but now I want to get another one. And I'm debating between the EZ V and SCDS1. And I realize this is the Supercard board, and I'll get more people saying get the DS One instead of the EZ V. But I still wanted to ask.

All that I hear from the Supercard fanboys, is that the DS One is the most feature packed slot 1. Is this true? I mean, I just got a G6 DS Real, and a CycloDS, and both of these have a lot of great features. But I've read that the DS One has real time cheat codes, and game guides.

So when I'm playing a game, I can actually turn cheats on and off, and read the games manual? Is that what this is?

Also, in order to enable Soft Reset, Cheats, and other functions, do I have to patch the rom on the computer with a patching app, or does it real time patch on the cart? Because I've read for the EZ V, you have to patch the games on the computer to get Soft Reset. If this is true, this is a turn off with both carts.

I several Japan made microsd's, so I won't have trouble with ANY games if I use one of these microsd's, right? Also, is the Supercard team making a new slot 1 right now?

So, I was just wanting some info. I can read all the reviews that I can find, but it's always nice to actually hear from people that have the cart.

Thank you for any and all info. I'll really appreciate it.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
If you use a Japanese made 1GB Kingston you will be fine there.

The SCDS1 has slowmotion,cheats,game guide,soft reset. You dont have to patch on a computer for soft reset but you do for realtime game guide,slowmotion.

Also you have to set the savetype(you dont have to because it auto sets it to 512 KB) but if you do its more usable space.

Thats all I can think off for now, but some other fanboys will fill make some more points
biggrin.gif

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you The Last Spartan, i really appreciate the info.

So, for soft reset and cheats, the cart patches the on the fly?

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, it patches on the fly. It doesn't patch Animal Crossing though(it does but it wont start up), so you have to turn of patching for Animal Crossing.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thank you again Spartan. You're being very helpful. So are all the features of the SCDS1 patchable on the fly, or do some have to be patched with a computer patching app?

Thanks

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
for trimming, i believe you do have to run roms through something on the pc

it's not like the "r4/cyclo/m3/ez/uber card/saints flash cart" that can all acheive this function magically

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you have to trim the roms manually on the PC for the other carts too, so this is no big deal.

But I'm just wondering if you have to manually patch the roms on the PC for other features on the SCDS 1.

Nevertheless, I just ordered one. So hopefully I'll be happy with it. Thanks for the info guys.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damnit Pharaoh, I knew you were going to come in and recommend the EZ V.
tongue.gif
And you know that I really take in your reviews and opinions on flash carts, so now I wish I did order the EZ V.

But you know what...the EZ V and SCDS 1 are the only two slot 1's left that I don't have. Now once my SCDS 1 gets here, I'll only need the EZ V, and you just know that I'm going to order it in like a week. So it's no biggie.

I already knew that I'm going to get them both, so I just wanted some opinions on which I should get first. And actually, I think am going to order the EZ V this weekend. DealExtreme has the EZ V for about $28, so I might as well order it from there right? Or should I spend another twenty and get it from RHS, that way it will arrive two days after it ships? Or...should I spend the $53, and get the EZ V, 3in1, and 1GB Kingston Japan from DealExtreme?

*Continues rambling* I'll probably just order it from Deal X. I'll have to wait a couple weeks for it to get to me, but...they also have a DS case that I want. And that new loader for the EZ V is making the cart look very good.

EDIT:

And does anyone know where I can find a review of the version 2 Supercard DS One?

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah...thanks for pointing out Moddz. And I was just messing with you about recommending the EZ V.
smile.gif

Oh...and I meant after I get the EZ V and DS One, I'll have all the GOOD slot 1's.
smile.gif
Seriously, if the DS X had better support, and the price of that new 2GB cart was lowered to about $50, I might consider getting one. And even if the price of their 512mb cart was lowered to about $40, I might get one. But paying anymore than that for the two, is just a flat out rip off.

Do you have one? I don't think I remember seeing a review of one on your site. I could be wrong though. If not, are you ever going to review one? It doesn't really matter though, I don't even consider this cart a competitor.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I"ve had my DS 1 for a couple days now, and overall, it's a pretty good card.

There are a couple questions that I have though:

There are a couple trimmed roms that don't run well that I"ve came across so far. BiA(U) won't get past the Ubisoft screen. And Wario Master of Disguise, while being trimmed. freezes when you enter hit Start to hit the menu.

Now, I took these two roms straight from Evo, which ran just fine on. So I know that they're not over trimmed or something. And I even tried trimming these roms with different trimmers, and I still got the same result. So there's no way around it, I have to run, at least these two roms, untrimmed. Anyone else came across these problems. I'm using a Japan made microsd, of course.

Also, when I do the Self Test, these are the first three lines for me:

Test Flash
flash id ok!
flash error!

And the words "flash error!" are in red? What does this mean? Is it anything to worry about?

This is the only error I get, and I didn't know if it was a common error or something, so I just thought I would ask. Besides these two things, the cart is performing perfectly.

Thanks for any info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like.