SCDS1 SDHC info

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by yankees26eac92, May 3, 2008.

May 3, 2008

SCDS1 SDHC info by yankees26eac92 at 3:15 PM (1,049 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. yankees26eac92
    OP

Member yankees26eac92 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello, I am thinking of getting an SCDS1 SDHC. I would like to know:

How good the cheat function is.

How good the support is.

How good the microSD reader is included in with the card.

Any big problems with the card.

How well the rom compatibility is.

And is there any diffrence between the OS1 at dealextreme and the DS1.

Thanks. Also, if you may, could anyone answer my question on the first page of NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software about microSD classes.

2. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    The cheat function works very well and realtime cheats is a very nice function, but the cheat-menus doesn't look very good.
    Nearly all cheats are available at http://www.sccheats.co.uk/ for download.

The support is very good and the Supercard Team often releases new useful functions with new OS's (the Scds1 was the first flashcart on the market to support realtime save as for an example). If some games doesn't work they usually fix the compability for these games very fast.

The microSD reader is of low quality and I'm blaming mine for total corruption of one of my microSD cards. If you can buy a new microSD reader as fast as you can, I wouldn't trust it.

You may want to get a high-quality microSD card for your Scds1 since that way you avoid almost all trouble (preferably a Kingston (Japan) or a A-Data)

Rom compability is almost perfect if you have a good microSD card. Disabling the patching can make almost any game to run (that is if you have a good MicroSD [​IMG])

Apperently they only differ in looks, but maybe the Psram error problem also was fixed with the OS1.

3. Enter260

Newcomer Enter260 Advanced Member

United States
    the included microsd reader works fine for me. i always hear people complain about how their memory cards get corrupted with the included readers but all of mines have been fine. [​IMG]

4. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Maybe you've been lucky.

After mine broke I decided to break it even more because it corrupted so much.
    *Wondering where I left the microSD reader corpse*

5. yankees26eac92
    OP

Member yankees26eac92 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I herd somewhere that the reader is just as good if not better than a high quality brand.
    I don't see how it would hurt though to get a new one. Does anyone know a really great reader that is

6. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I use my Sandisk card reader as much as my SCDS1 reader, and it's perfectly fine. No corruptions so far, and I've used it for a little less than 3 months.