SCDS1 SDHC - 3-in-1, Moonview 1.71 & Trimming Questions

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by EasyEEE, Aug 4, 2008.

1. EasyEEE
    OP

Newcomer EasyEEE Member

United States
    New to the game. Recently bought SuperCard DS One SDHC and have a few questions. I've been reading, but the information in overwhelming as there are so many different cards, software, etc.

3 in 1 expansion pack for EZV - Considering buying for occasional web browsing. I live in the U.S. The web site states, "Browser RAM expansion function: it uses the highspeed ram cache as the offical one. perfect compatible with NDS Browser(JAP/EUR)" - JAP/EUR? Will this not work on U.S. version of DS Lite and/or U.S. version of the DS Browser? If so, is there anything I need to do, or will it be simple plug and play, drag and drop? I read a review on RealHotStuff, "It does everything it says it does. I'm using it with a Supercard DS ONE SDHC in Slot 1. It took a little googling to find a patcher to enable the rumble function on supported ROMs, to find a rom patcher to support the browser, and a homebrew ROM to launch GBA games, but after about 35 minutes of playing around I've managed to get it all working great."

Moonview 1.71 - Is it recommended to install this and play videos from it vice from the SCDS1 SDHC Moonview 1.4 shell? Can I? Again, any special instructions or is it pretty straight forward? I thought I had read some somewhere, but forgot to bookmark and can no longer locate. There is just a ton of info, and I'm still learning the jargon.

Trimming - I've downloaded the latest NDSTokyoTrim, have trimmed a few ROMs for practice, but have not tested the ROMs with my SCDS1 SDHC. I've read the long thread/discussion about it, and thought I had read some folks had issues with the ROMS and SuperCard. Anyone having any problems, wi-fi or downloading play issues? I can't locate my other DS (may be in my car that's in for repairs.) After trimming, any reason to keep the original ROMs? Suggestions or recommendations?

Managing ROMs - Best software to do it?

Good Lord, think that's enough for now. I'm sure I will have more questions.

Thanks in advance! This site and all your posts have been very helpful!

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You can install Moonshell 1.71, and I recommend doing that instead of using the SCDS's built-in version for playing video files. For mp3 files it probably won't matter, but for videos Moonshell 1.71 will be better and let you play higher quality videos without crashing. It should be fairly simple, just download the full package and run the installer. Launch the updated *.nds file from the SCDS menu and choose the movie file from there. Check the SCDev forums, in the FAQ section, for a good Moonshell tutorial.

Dunno about most of the other stuff, sorry. I do know that if you get the 3in1 you just need to use GBA ExpLoader to enable the RAM before resetting to the SCDS menu to launch the Opera browser. The SCDS menu can also autopatch the Opera browser, but this only works if you have a slot-2 Supercard inserted, not the 3in1.

3. PanzerWF

Member PanzerWF GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Try NDSTokyoManager. It's still a work in progress, so there are probably bugs and whatnot, but it has managing and trimming built into one convenient package.

4. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Just a hint, I use EZ-Trim for ROMs. It trims a whole folder of zipped ROM archives automatically. I can guarantee it doesn't break wifi or such.

5. Adamsric

Newcomer Adamsric Newbie

Australia
    I have a SCDS1 SDHCwith 20 roms and 5 GBA roms and the first i ever heard of triming roms was here. Why do you need to?

Also, none of my GBA roms work, i don't know what i'm doing wrong, i try to open them and the gameboy title screen comes up, flashes then my whole DS freeses.

please help!

Thank you in adv.

6. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    The only DS Browser ROMs that are available are Japanese and European. There is no US version because it's practically the same as the European one apparently so the browser will work with your DS.

The 3-in-1 won't work with an official DS Browser cartridge.

7. EasyEEE
    OP

Newcomer EasyEEE Member

United States
    Ok, but the 3-in-1 works with the SuperCard DS One SDHC? I thought I read on someone's RealHotStuff.com review that they had to patch the ROM to get it to work.

Thanks for the other replies.

E

8. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    You need GBA ExpLoader to load the ROM to the 3-in-1. GBA ExpLoader autopatches the ROM. The whole process is really easy. Just put a GBA ROM onto your MicroSD card then load GBA ExpLoader, select the ROM and start it. That's all.