Hacking SCDS1 On DSTT

Swip

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive heard that the DSTT firmware can be used on the SCDS1.
Since thats possible would it work the other way around?
And if it was possible could the features such as RTS be used?

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Since thats possible would it work the other way around?
the scdsone loader will load up on the DSTT but commercial game wont load i just get a white screens
all homebrew that ive tryed works & so do mp3s & dpgs from the scdsone main menu

i read on the official supercard chinese forum that the scdsone files have some sort of encryption......

S

scubersteve

if we could pull it off that would be super awesome, even if we don't get RTS.
I hate how slow the DSTT menu is.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
you should use YSmenu then its way better then the DSTT menu

YSMENU
hhh1202ul0.jpg

EDIT
picture

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if scubersteve was being serious or not, but the reason people use TTMenu on the SSDS1 (despite its lack of sorting ability and functionality) is because the SSDS1 menu is so abysmally slow. I'm not sure there would be any point to getting it running on the DSTT unless it provided RTS or other additional functionality.

Supposedly there is a new menu system for the SSDS1 that is under development that might be pretty nifty to get running on the DSTT if it were possible. But who knows when it will be out or how good it will actually be when it's complete.

-Bri

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Supposedly there is a new menu system for the SSDS1 that is under development that might be pretty nifty to get running on the DSTT if it were possible.

have you got a link to this news of this new menu for the scdsone? whats the source....

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw something about it in another thread. Let me track it down and I'll post a link here.

Maybe I was mistaken (or maybe it was for a different cart). I can't find it, but I'll keep looking.

ETA: Yes, I was mistaken. I was thinking of Sakura for the M3 DS Real.

-Bri

S

scubersteve

helpme said:
QUOTE said:
you should use YSmenu then its way better then the DSTT menu

YSMENU
hhh1202ul0.jpg

EDIT
picture
I do use YsMenu, but then I have to keep a .nds version of the original menu to play download play games with my friends =/

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scubersteve said:
I do use YsMenu, but then I have to keep a .nds version of the original menu to play download play games with my friends =/

I used to have problems with DL play with trimmed roms, but I've noticed that DL works fine for a trimmed Clubhouse Games (all I've had a chance to test it with, so far) with the lastest YSMenu so it's possibly been fixed - the changelog suggests that something was done for DL a couple of updates back. If you're still having problems with the latest version of YSMenu, which titles is it for and what were they trimmed with?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
arsehat said:
scubersteve said:

I used to have problems with DL play with trimmed roms, but I've noticed that DL works fine for a trimmed Clubhouse Games (all I've had a chance to test it with, so far) with the lastest YSMenu so it's possibly been fixed - the changelog suggests that something was done for DL a couple of updates back. If you're still having problems with the latest version of YSMenu, which titles is it for and what were they trimmed with?

You should trim your roms with NDStokyotrim and enable the "safe trim" feature.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe scubersteve is talking about receiving a download play from another NDS (in which case you have to go back to the NDS menu). The newest version of YSMenu has an option to go back to the NDS menu. Yasu also has a standalone version called "back2fw" that does the same thing and can be used from TTMenu (or any other menu) if you want.

-Bri

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Scds1 has an encrypted core which probably is a security measure after the scenario with CycloDS slot 2 Supercard clones.

Swip

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
The Scds1 has an encrypted core which probably is a security measure after the scenario with CycloDS slot 2 Supercard clones.
But if the encryption gets cracked would it work on the dstt?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Swip said:
Minox_IX said:
But if the encryption gets cracked would it work on the dstt?
If someone would crack the encryption I'm sure that the Supercard Team would change the encryption on newer Os's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.