SCDS1 and cheating with roms?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by antwill, Apr 10, 2007.

Apr 10, 2007

SCDS1 and cheating with roms? by antwill at 12:44 PM (1,412 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. antwill
    OP

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    Hi, i have a SCDS1 like many, and after chatting with a friend i am wondering that since the R4 are releasing a new firmware release that uses Action replay cheats, will a hacker, or a skilled homebrew developer be able to make a homebrew app that uses action replay cheats on roms? Something like dipstar but for slot 1's? Is this even possible? I hope some one can clear this up for me, as my friend says its possible and will happen.

2. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Another SC-ONE user,cool.do u mean you can choose wether you want a cheat on or off becasue cracker has something like that but its not in the firmware and its permanetly on the rom.(what i mean is that you cant turn off the cheat). heres the link(it utilizes action replay cheats as well)Crackers trainers

3. antwill
    OP

Australia
    Theyre trainers, what i mean, is like what the R4 users firmware is going to have, where you enter the codes and then select a game, like dipstar. Im not talking trainers, but it would be awesome if cracker could make a homebrew program where you enter the codes and it makes the ips or what ever patch for you. But im dreaming here and it wont happen.

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i'm hoping it will happen, there is already proof of that with the nitro hacker homebrew program but the programmer only wanted it to work with real DS games unfortunately, trainers are good but you can't turn the codes on or off when you want and they don't support enough games, if you really want to use cheats with your roms i would suggest you get rid of your supercard and get a R4DS as i'm sure the next firmware will have this cheat function available very soon.

5. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Huh? The R4 is getting a built-in cheat function!??? I hope they do the same for the M3DSS (Most likely but we might have to wait for awhile first since R4 updates usually comes first).

6. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    I'm thinking that something big like the cheat function may not be included on the M3 Simply... The R4 and Simply are catching up to the M3 and G6 DS Real every day. Maybe the M3 Team are going to hold back this feature for the Real?

- Sam

7. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I'm pretty sure they won't, cause it wouldn't really do any good for them. I think that if they do so, people with M3 Simply will, instead of buy a M3 Real as well, buy a R4 instead, because it's cheaper and because M3 then would pretty much fucked them.
    Also their latest firmware is a beta one. You can't leave a product with a beta firmware. The next firmware of R4 will have the cheats in it, thus so will M3's next firmware have.

And about Cracker's trainers, the cheats in those cracks are based on AR Cheats as well, see his tutorial, so if a homebrew app will just create such a cracked file from an original file and the AR cheats on the fly, it would work... think R4 uses an easier method though...

8. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Yeah, when you look at it like that it doesn't make much sense...

- Sam

9. antwill
    OP

Australia
    Wow, now even the ninja flashcarts are getting cheats built in. This seems to be a trend that they are following, i would love to get an R4 only problem is i wouldnt be able to sell my supercard so its a no can do for me. [​IMG] hopefully either someone makes a homebrew action replay cheating device, or the supercard team finally announce the new firmware soon, i dont see why not since theyve unveiled the new SCDS1 seems like a perfect time to me.

10. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    it seems all these flash carts are starting to support action replay codes now DS-Link,Ninja DS (only two that have it right now), and soon R4, so its possible, but of course you will need to ask the supercard ds dev team if they are planning on adding it in anytime soon.

11. antwill
    OP

Australia
    They are planning on adding it, they have had the option in the menu since the last firmware, just doesnt do anything yet, it was there to reserve the space or something.

12. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    They are adding cheat support. We should get it in the next firmware update, WHENEVER THE HELL THAT IS!!!![​IMG]

13. antwill
    OP

Australia
    lol, true, you never know when >:(

14. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Hmm is'int that released?