SCDS Self test, psram error?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by eyemessiah, Jan 5, 2007.

Jan 5, 2007

SCDS Self test, psram error? by eyemessiah at 7:58 PM (1,111 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. eyemessiah
    OP

Newcomer eyemessiah Member

United States
    I just got mine (no microsd for a couple of days though) but if I do L+R and power on it sez

psram error!

Is this a sign I should start getting my return sorted out or any some of you getting this with no ill effects?

Please try doing this (with no microsd inserted) and please post your results!

thanks! [​IMG]

2. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    I believe PSRAM is used to store GBA games since if you read direct from a MicroSD card, it's too slow.

3. jocka

Newcomer jocka Member

Germany
    which colour is your pcb?

maybe you must charge the battery first (for a couple of hours)?

maybe you need a microSD card inserted for the test? (what is this:
    scshell\TESTSD.NDS found in V1.1 firmware)

i doubt the psram is used for gba-games (slot1 does not support GBA-games) most supercard-cards uses psram for .saves only?

4. eyemessiah
    OP

United States
    My PCB is red.

What result do you guys get if you hold down L+R then turn your DS on?

If you try with no Microsd?

5. nuchin

Newcomer nuchin Newbie

I also get a psram error when testing the boot up. I tested it with 2 different kingston 1gb cards. both with and without the flash memory inserted.

I have 2 SuperCard DS' (1 for gf), and the other works fine. When I randomly no longer get the psram error, games will boot(notice i didn't say play) but will have saving issues or loading saves. I've already contacted my point of sale and come monday, if i havn't figured it out, i'll be mailing both back for exchanges of a diff product.

i have both red boards also. And i've tried the 1.1 OS and card speeds AND FAT/FAT32 formatting. Let's just say i was moody and my gf didn't get the best side of me.

6. eyemessiah
    OP

United States
    Hrm, that is discouraging. I may have to join the 'ditch supercard', 'yay R4' bandwagon afterall! [​IMG]

Can anyone with a fully functional SCDS confirm wether or not they get "psram error" during self test with no microsd inserted?

thanks guys,

7. eyemessiah
    OP

United States
    My vendor has just confirmed that psram error means a faulty SCDS unfortunately. They are shipping me a new one today. Oh well, I'll give SCDS another chance!

So if any one else is getting psram error during self test I'd seriously consider contacting your vendor for a return!

thanks,

8. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    Thanks for the info. I just ran a self test and it says that psram is ok [​IMG] Sorry to hear about yours, i was starting to freaak out wondering if mine is broken or not till i saw this. Hopefully its not. Only problem now is i need an sd card.

9. eyemessiah
    OP

United States
    UPDATE: I decided to load up my SD with apps and backups I wanted to test once I got my replacement SCDS. Once I had done this I whimsically tried booting the self test.

PSRAM OK!

I rebooted, and still : OK!

I played a few games, (trama center, POR e.t.c.) which all seemed to run fine, and even save OK. I wasn't really trusting it at this stage, so I took the the SCDS out, removed the SD, reinserted both and:

PSRAM ERROR!

lol. Seems like an intermitant fault.

Its almost like something isn't quite seated properly inside the SCDS and the right kind of jostling gets it back into place.

Nevermind, hopefully the replacement will be 100%, and I was encouraged by seeing the games run so well!