Aftermath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently bought the SDHC Supercard along wth a memory card and proceeded to install the latest OS and firmware from their website, but i'm facing a problem that i haven't been able to solve since friday.
Whenever i power the NDSL with the SCDS and the memory card, the console freezes, leaving me to stare at a blank main screen and a touchscreen on which you can barely see the Health And Safety message that usually appears when you boot it.

Now, ever since friday i've tried different OSes, both new and old, as well as the ones that came with its CD, and so far i've managed to get it to work just 4 times, which seemed to happen completely at random, not depending on any OS in particular and every time it booted up marvelously and the games worked perfectly. What concerns me however, is that these 4 times only happened on friday, so yesterday as well as today no matter what i try it refuses to start the program.

Something else that might help in finding the problem is the actual memory card. I failed to find a proper Sandisk or Kingston memory card that i've seen being recommended, so instead i bought a 512mb NOKIA microSD memory card, though, according to the seller, it doesn't really matter what memory card i use and that it should work just fine with this one.

In any case, monday i'll be going to talk with said person and see if i can see what's the matter with it or at least change it, but my weekend so far consisted of browsing google for answers and their website for OSes or firmware, so it would be great if anyone could help me find a solution to this.

unsure.gif

PS: Also, the first time i put the memory card in the SCDS (didn't have any files on it) and then in my NDS, i got the "No Find SCFW.SC file! Please turn off NDS!" message after powering it up

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
blow into the slot1
do original games work on your console?
is your console perfectly fine?
i had an issue like this and it turned out to be the ds which was messed up, not the supercard

Aftermath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blow into the slot1
do original games work on your console?
is your console perfectly fine?
i had an issue like this and it turned out to be the ds which was messed up, not the supercard
1. Tried it, still not working
2. I have 2 GBA cartridges and i need to blow into their slot for them to work, but otherwise they're working just fine
3. Haven't had any issues so far
4. Dear God i hope this isn't the problem
blink.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
try any of your friends games, if they dont work then return your ds
also, gba games should work perfectly (without blowing) unless theyre old
is your ds lite or a normal one and is it new or secondhand?

Aftermath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try any of your friends games, if they dont work then return your ds
also, gba games should work perfectly (without blowing) unless theyre old
is your ds lite or a normal one and is it new or secondhand?
I'll see if i can get a hold of any DS games, but if the issue is with the DS itself then i'm pretty much screwed, seeing as i bought it from someone, and said person bought it from a different country. So i don't have a warranty on it.
The GBA games i have are Zelda Minish Cap and Golden Sun. Finished the first one without problems, and the second one deleted my save games for no reason so i gave up on that one.
My DS is the Lite version, and, yeah, it's secondhand, bought it from someone and it was almost brand new.

Rapid Dr3am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have almost identical fault with a new Supercard SDHC I ordered.
My old card works fine, just boots to blank screen. I submitted a support request with the retailer and am waiting to hear back.

I tried it in two ds lites and nothing out of either but my original games play fine as does my other supercard. Sorry for thread hijacking, but looks like we have the same fault.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b