mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
so i am trying to learn about the multi-saves function of the SCDS-1. does it actually create a new save file? if so, where does it keep that .sav?

i created a 2nd save file for a game. set that one as default. but i don't think i saw it anywhere in the folder afterwards?

also when i switch to YSMenu, it does not find the 2nd save (that is set to default under the Supercard OS). it still uses the old save in the 1st slot.

help?

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I never used it myself but I'm under the impression that it appends to the original save file and reads it at an offset in multiples of the save size, depending on what save is set as default.

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
it does work, i am just not sure where the extra saves go. but since i can't find the extra files i believe sidneyyoung could be right.

can anyone else confirm?

P.S.
it works when SCDS-1 can recognize the save. it'll save "Saver Not Found" if it can't recognize the save. but when that happens, i won't even be able to continue my game through the Supercard, since it'll just create a new blank save and not load my old one (created by YSMenu).

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works most of the time and has worked for me, although I've read too many reports from various developers that it does have some bugs and doesn't always work to fully trust it.

That said, SC implemented in a TRULY moronic fashion as in they just grow the save files. i.e. your save file with just one save is 512k, and what they do is OK so you want a second save slot, well we'll just grow that 512k save file 1M and so for more save slots. I've only tried 2 save slots with one game and was INCREDIBLY pissed when I saw that this was how they implemented multiple saves as it makes additional saves completely incompatible with any other cart and I have no idea(OK I know how, but Im lazy) how to split the save file into individual saves.

crappi3pappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just file chop it to 512k parts... I think the sc team must think it's users have brains enough to work that one out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun