Scariest Thing You Ever Did to your console/handheld?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by GameSoul, Mar 24, 2009.

1. GameSoul
    OP

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    I once dropped my ds on the edge of my desk and it started flipping and hit the tip of garbage can and fell in. I was playin pokemanz and I just caught some pokemon and didn't save [​IMG]

whenever I drop my Ds I go into a sense of fear.

Anyone else here?

2. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Once, my ps2 was eccentric so I hitted it hardly a few times, then it became worse and couldn't even work for the whole week. Since then, I have a phobia of hitting my consoles/handhelds.

3. Eden

Newcomer Eden Member

Canada
    As a child - I ran jumper cables from my Dad's car to the positive and negative terminals on my Gameboy. It was quite the feat of soldering at a wee age.

As a teenager - I modded my PlayStation, offered to do it for a friend, and I ended up wrecking his. I know it wasn't mine at the time, but it became mine when I had to give him the working console [​IMG]

As an adult - I was playing Tower Defense on my iPhone, leaning on the ledge of a window and dropped it out of the 4th story of the lab building. Poof. That's not covered under warranty by the way.

4. mcp2

Member mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Taking apart my DS for the first time, was soiling myself. Got piss on the screen.

5. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    Dropped my Wii down a flight of stairs. it lived.

Um, when I was younger my SNES annoyed the crap out of me thanks to Donkey Kong country, So I bit the remote (which hurt my teeth terribly) and threw the remote at a wall. That was scary because it stopped working for a while.

EDIT: Dropped my iPod mini about 10 times, it lived, and more recently my friend knocked my iPod touch out of my hand, just dented the backing thankfully, still works.

6. Myke

Member Myke so tasty!

United States
    installing my afterburner backlight DIY kit to my GBA (didn't want to buy an SP)
    there were lots of tiny parts to solder and keeping it dust free and applying the backlight without any bubbles showing was a nightmare....surgery took 4 hours.

7. Mimoy

Newcomer Mimoy Advanced Member

Canada
    I remember when I was younger, I threw a PS controller at my television because my brother had beat me several times in Twisted Metal. I think the TV just went blank after that and that's all I remember.

8. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    I spilled a huge glass of water on my DS.
    Felt like a fucktard, but it's still going.
    (gave it 24 hours to dry out)

9. SkankyYankee

Member SkankyYankee GBAtemp Advanced Skank

United States
    The first week I had my 360 I had it perched on top of my TV which put it about 7 feet from the floor.

Accidentally tugged on the controller charge cable and sent it sailing to the carpet.

It worked fine until the RROD [​IMG]

10. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I was playing my PS2 with a wired controller and my sister walked right into the wire. At first I was like DUDE WTF because something flew out but it was just the HD bay cover.

11. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Well I didn't do it, but this is what happened.
    My sister was like, hey let me go on mah pokemonz and I said no and she got into a hissy fit, snatched the GBA out of my hand and lobbed it across the room, spinning. Hit a wall. (It literally looks like this - [​IMG] except... she didn't stamp on it...) lol
    It's got one hell of a scratch on the top right corner but that's not too bad. If she'd have done it with my DS I'm sure it would have snapped the hinge off.
    I think the older consoles are a lot tougher than disc consoles, never broke down (without human interference) and pretty reliable, nowadays whenever I turn on my xbox I do it in fear of seeing the RROD lol. When I sleep at night I'm woken by the sounds of angry 360 owners getting the RROD and cursing and smashing the console up. Revert back to cartridge games!!!!!

Oh and I spilt a glass of fizzy pop on my PS2 control during an angry bout of Simpsons: Hit and Run... Never steered straight again :

12. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    2 years ago, after buying my DS phat and learning of flashcarts, I tried to stick my SD card INSIDE the DS, hoping it would work and load .nds games... =_= took me 2 hours to take it out because it was stuck deep inside (I kept pushing it, hoping it would fit in the end)..

Don't ask me what the fuck was going on in my head, just don't... I feel like a stupid now lol, but 2 years ago I didn't know anything about flashcarts and all that stuff, I really thought it could work XD

13. Santee

Member Santee Jalapeño

United States
    well when i was younger my tv and everything was arranged like a tower with my ps2 at the top and one day it just came crashing down and i had to tape together the pieces of my memory card but still works. But this has happened to almost everything and helped break my ds lite while i charge something and still use it somebody comes walking by and trips on the cable and sends whatever is charging and is in my hands flying [​IMG] .

14. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    SD card =/= DS cart lol [​IMG]

cant say ive never done anything stupid like that.

15. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    someone walked into the charging cord of my ds lite and sent it flying, no damage

people have walked into my ps2 controller cable, but it only removed the controller plug thankfully

I know there's more but I have a terrible memory.

16. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Unfortunately with my little brother around running, any charger is in danger :/
    I have to say Nintendo makes their handhelds damn sturdy, although I'd also say that factor decreases with newer and newer handhelds.

17. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Oh God, I remember how much I freaked out when I opened up my PS2 to install the flip top lid. I was so afraid I would rip the ribbon cable.

18. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I knocked into my ps2 disk tray years ago and was afraid it wouldnt shut properly, does but tray is really loose

not system related per-say but when I installed a clear case on my LG VX6000, I bascially had to take the whole thing apart and had to break solder points (thing I was most scared of was not turning on after that) and put it back together again

19. BumFace

Member BumFace GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i was playing brawl with a GC controller and my brother was caled to go eat lunch, and i told him not to rush and don't trip over the cable and he tripped over, my wii fell on solid wood floor, luckily he still lives

20. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When I was like 10 I got into a big fight with my mom. She threw my sega genesis 20 feet off of a balcony, onto the rocky ground below. The damn thing was bruised, but actually worked fine afterwards.

A few months later a large glass of soda got spilled onto the same system. Into the cart slot and all. After a day or two of drying it played again.

The Sega Genesis was quite the sturdy system.