Scareware Creator Fined $163,000,000

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Kristy Ross is a b**** for making the scareware that she did, but it was funny watching the stuck up people in my highschool buy WinAntiVirus, even though they had Norton, then get pissed off about their computers crashing. The people who knew how to solve their issues, like myself and a few others, told them that their brand-new laptops were gone forever. We even went so far as to tell them that their warranties were void due to purchasing WinAntiVirus!!! We had so much fun....
Well isn't that... douche-y.

If you know what you're doing, why not try helping people?
Because she is evil?

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kristy Ross is a b**** for making the scareware that she did, but it was funny watching the stuck up people in my highschool buy WinAntiVirus, even though they had Norton, then get pissed off about their computers crashing. The people who knew how to solve their issues, like myself and a few others, told them that their brand-new laptops were gone forever. We even went so far as to tell them that their warranties were void due to purchasing WinAntiVirus!!! We had so much fun....

Because she is evil?

I think he is referring more to the teasing of the the high school friends rather than the scareware creator. ;)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I think he is referring more to the teasing of the the high school friends rather than the scareware creator. ;)
Oh, right. In that case, I think that's wicked fun. I'd have done it to friends as well. I mean, I know they're not well-versed in technomancy, but jeez, to shell out for something without even asking...

Of course, I'd take it back and help 'em afterwards, but I'll have my fun first.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These programs suck balls. I had to remove it on three computers, including my personal desktop, due to the asses that use them. It's not hard, just annoying.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Excellent. Now if only the governments of the world could band together and search for those pesky Nigerian princes...
What about all the Chinese gold farmers who are hacking accounts of various online games? How about all the Russian/Asian bride scam ads out there? The fact that it's so easy for people to access emails through hacking servers and it's so easy to create ads that makes these sort of things possible, and we wonder why so many people are stripped of their money or duped into a scam. Humanity is riddled with retards, but the fact is that we let these scumbags continue to walk the earth for doing things that are digitized criminal offences.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They bullied on me to the point of contemplating suicide. They deserved it.

S

SixSenseEagle

So this is the person who's been fu$king up my mom, and my computer over these past 4 or 5 years?, and when I didn't even know what a virus was when I was little Hmm? Let's be professional about this gbatemp.... KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is the person who's been fu$king up my mom, and my computer over these past 4 or 5 years?, and when I didn't even know what a virus was when I was little Hmm? Let's be professional about this gbatemp.... KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!.
NO, I like an idea based on the "Run of the Jew" from Borat. Kill the chick before she gets tried fairly!!!

http://www.miloop.co...aspx?movie=2705

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Say...does that mean that these pop-ups and such are going to stop anytime soon?

It's probably not the same, but I've been getting quite some mentionings of the "ukash virus" (google it) from my clients. It completely blocks out the user from doing anything but paying the fine to on some online money transfer (ukash), allegedly "because illegal files were found".
It's a bitch of a problem to solve, but at least most of my clients know better than to pay.

Most of them... :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay