Gaming Scanning through the 3DS Must haves list...

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So as the appropirately named title says,
I have recently gone and purchased myself a 3DS and it made me wet in the pants... I mean wut?

Anyways, Being the impulse buyer I am, Paycheck came in and I went straight to our electronic store and picked one up.
Along with:
Super Pokemon Rumble
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icaris

So I mean these games are pretty cool and I enjoyed them alot but Im looking for something new for it.
But anyways, I looked at the list you guys reccomend and out of those I want to get a few of them and what a recommendation and a REASON
would be helpful.

Super Mario 3D Land
Cave Story 3D (Really keen to know what this is about and stuff)

Sonic Generations (I have this on 360 but is it worth getting on the 3DS?)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (Kinda keen on an RPG game for 3DS, Any good?)
Tales of the Abyss (Im a huge fan of the Tales of Series, Really keen, Opinions?)
Dream Drop Distance is a given, Im picking that up as soon as I can

But yeah, Whats most bestest best out of those and why?!?!?

Thankies

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tales is great imo.
Classic tales gameplay, good and frequent voice acting.
New game + boosts replayability. 3d isn't amazing and movie cutscenes are 2d only.
I've logged many hours on it and I'm still not tired of it.
If you played this one before, its the same game, just portable.

Also look out for Heroes of Ruin.
Coming to USA next month. Multiplayer hack and slash goodness.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My recommendation is the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked title. If im not mistaken its the same game as it was for the DS remade for the 3DS. And if thats correct, there are hours of high quality game play to be had. Im betting this game will give hours to burn while you wait for some better games to be developed.

Reactions: 1 person

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Out of those, Tales of the Abyss (has a pretty solid story, with it's ups and downs, you'll never really have a fully completed game unless you beat the game like two times or so from what I recall, since you can only get some stuff on the second playthrough like certain costumes iirc), SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked (there's a DS version of this game, but this one basically adds more content, better graphics, full voice acting and some other stuff, pretty good game and a must have for S-RPG or just SMT lovers) and Super Mario seem good choices, I'd personally recommend Samurai Warriors Chronicles (although it's usually hit and miss, people either love the games or hate them, personally I love them since it's based on real history facts from Japan for the most part, and it's always cool to kill thousands of people), Heroes of Ruin (it's kinda like diablo, only played the demo when it came out, but it was really amazing for people that like western rpgs) and that's that I guess.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Tales of the Abyss is a must have.
The game is going to suck you dry on free time hours :P

1. Tales of the Abyss: 173:16
Sheesh! :blink:
And I'm just on me 2nd playtrough xD.
First playtrough took around 94 hours. But I think I probably did like 85-90% of all sidequest's + got all C.Cores (except 2) + Masterd half of the recipes on 4 characters.
I heard that there was a lot of side quest in this game that are easy to miss. So I often re visisted each town and talked to all npc's and sleept at each inn 3 time's and such to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Now on 2nd playtrough I'm using a Sidequest guide though =)
Also bough Tales of Vesperia a few days ago on Xbox Live, (Only have like 19 hours played on it though)

EDIT: I'm afraid that after this all other game's for the 3DS is going to feel so short (-_-)

D

Deleted User

In that case, you should get MK7. It's online is amazing. I play it 70% over Single Player.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MK7 was already purchased.
The list up top of the op is what they already have.
The ones listed near the bottom are the ones they're thinking of buying.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Haha, Thanks a bunch guys, This is really helpful, Looks like Im going to be getting the Tales of game and detroying my free time. Heroes of Ruin sounds like a good game to look forward toom, Ill keep an eye out. Is there anything else that I should keep an eye on in the future?... Except Kingdom hearts and Pokemon B/W2 and Harvest Moon also. Cause harvest moon is freaking cool.

PaulAldrich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How has no one said Resident Evil Revelations yet? Its definitely up there in the best of 3DS games category! An amazing game with stunning graphics and wonderful story. Plays really well

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Holy crap! Kingdom Hearts 3D is almost here.

JP March 29, 2012
EU July 20, 2012
AU July 26, 2012
NA July 31, 2012
-wikipedia
Super Mario 3D Land - I'd recommend it if you like super mario and platform games although it won't last that long but still it's fun.​
Tales of the Abyss - I love the tales series also. I haven't played this game yet simply because I can't find a copy in our local store here last time I checked.​
KH 3D - when it comes out of course.​

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WAIT WAIT WAIT. Back up the horse now. Kingdom hearts comes out in like a week?! I assume AU is Australia. In which case New Zealand will get it at the same time and omgomgomomogmogmgomgomgomgomgomgomg... Made my day.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WAIT WAIT WAIT. Back up the horse now. Kingdom hearts comes out in like a week?! I assume AU is Australia. In which case New Zealand will get it at the same time and omgomgomomogmogmgomgomgomgomgomgomg... Made my day.

JULY sweetheart not June ;P

The legend of Zelda OOT 3D: it is an adventure that everybody needs to play at least once, why? It is epic it changed game history it has 300 hours of playtime(For me it had 300 hours :P)

Reactions: 1 person

ekko25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

No, it's still just over a month to go. It's coming out in July, not June.

JP March 29, 2012
EU July 20, 2012
AU July 26, 2012
NA July 31, 2012
-wikipedia

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Top 5 IMO

Resident Evil: Revelations
Zelda OOT
Super Mario 3D Land
Tales Of Abyss
Kingdom Hearts DDD (coming next month) ;)

Drop my fails already XD
The only reason I left out OOT is cause Im still rocking the original on N64 XD

So Resident Evil is a must get? I keep looking at it and it looks like the control scheme would bug the crap out of me. But I'll look into it more!'
I guess Mario is a given on a Nintendo console.... But yeah. Idk. Mario is abit of a feel that when you play one you have played them all. Except for Galaxy. That was freaking awesome.

Also any news on Super Smash Bros? I heard it was getting a release at the end of the year. Obviously thats a must grab also.

Also to finish I would like to see a possible Sequel or spin off of The World Ends With You. I mean with Kingdom Hearts DDD it makes a huge apperance so obviously Square Enix sees a fanbase behind it why not pursue it and take over the dying franchise we call Final Fantasy. ~Braces for Impact~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2