SC-ONE battery

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by looneyboy784, Aug 13, 2007.

Aug 13, 2007

SC-ONE battery by looneyboy784 at 6:33 PM (1,054 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. looneyboy784
    OP

Newcomer looneyboy784 Member

United States
    There has been some discussion on the official Supercard forum on what happens when the battery in the SC-ONE dies.
    Actually I believe what is being called a battery is a capacitor. In various pictures of the SC-ONE the button cell is labeled 3.3V .22F. “F” is short for Farad which is a unit of capacitance. I found the product page for the one found in every image of a SC-ONE I have seen.

http://detail.china.alibaba.com/buyer/offe...%AD%B5%E7%C8%DD
    I Google translated it and the product is in fact a capacitor meaning that the SC-ONE will never “Die” because it will get recharged every time you use it.
    Note: this may not apply to the newer SC-ONEs as most images of the PCB are from 1st gen cards. Can anybody confirm on a newer card?

2. xabier

Member xabier GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Well it's a rechargeable battery, mi car's stereo has also a battery to store the security code, it has dried out and now I have to enter the security code every time I turn on the car

nevermind, I missed two concepts, the capacitaror(condensador in spanish) is not a battery
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor

3. Raisingod

Member Raisingod GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Its not a rechargeable batt its a capacitor theres a big difference ( capacitors has a way bigger life span)

4. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    SMD Caps are also a bitch to replace. Would be even harder in the SCDS, you cant even open it up .

5. Raisingod

Member Raisingod GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Yeah but you rarely replace a SMD cap [​IMG]