SC-ONE battery

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by looneyboy784, Aug 13, 2007.

1. looneyboy784
    OP

looneyboy784 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2006
    United States
    There has been some discussion on the official Supercard forum on what happens when the battery in the SC-ONE dies.
    Actually I believe what is being called a battery is a capacitor. In various pictures of the SC-ONE the button cell is labeled 3.3V .22F. “F” is short for Farad which is a unit of capacitance. I found the product page for the one found in every image of a SC-ONE I have seen.

http://detail.china.alibaba.com/buyer/offe...%AD%B5%E7%C8%DD
    I Google translated it and the product is in fact a capacitor meaning that the SC-ONE will never “Die” because it will get recharged every time you use it.
    Note: this may not apply to the newer SC-ONEs as most images of the PCB are from 1st gen cards. Can anybody confirm on a newer card?

2. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2006
    Well it's a rechargeable battery, mi car's stereo has also a battery to store the security code, it has dried out and now I have to enter the security code every time I turn on the car

nevermind, I missed two concepts, the capacitaror(condensador in spanish) is not a battery
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor

3. Raisingod

Raisingod GBAtemp Fan

Apr 19, 2007
    Iceland
    Its not a rechargeable batt its a capacitor theres a big difference ( capacitors has a way bigger life span)

4. TLSpartan

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    SMD Caps are also a bitch to replace. Would be even harder in the SCDS, you cant even open it up .

5. Raisingod

Raisingod GBAtemp Fan

Apr 19, 2007
    Iceland
    Yeah but you rarely replace a SMD cap [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice