SC miniSD crashing?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by sanghoku, Jul 19, 2006.

1. sanghoku
    OP

sanghoku GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2006
    Belgium
    Hi,
    i recently got a supercard minisd combo from kicktrading ad it's been working great so far...
    only one issue which bugs me, it first happened this weekend i think... was playing mariokart and between levels it just froze on a black screen... little later it froze in nsmb while loading the next level... i was thinking it was a bad dump, but the games played fine before and also the few days after... now i was just playing mario kart again and again it crashed after the race finishes... i turnded my dsl off and back on and supeercard said something about not finding the sd card... so i switch it off and on again, again same message... turn it off, take out the minisd and put it back in and it's recognized again...
    it's only happend to me 3 times in about one week and a half so it's not really a big deal, but maybe someone can tell me the reason why the supercard "forgets" my sd card sometimes... sd card is 1gb minisd by dane-elec... could it be an issue with the supercard or the sd?
    thx guys (and girls)

2. Darkforce

Darkforce DERP!

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    UK
    Hmm... have you updated to the latest software and kernel? Or maybe it's the mini-sd card. I've had mine a couple of weeks with a cheap 1GB sandisk bootleg mini-sd and it's crashed once during Advance Wars DS, but otherwise been fine.

[​IMG]

3. sanghoku
    OP

sanghoku GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2006
    Belgium
    was also thinking it might be the sd... bummer

4. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    you need to open it up and bend the pins of the minisd slot so they will make good contact.

I had the same problem yesterday and now its fixed [​IMG]

5. sanghoku
    OP

sanghoku GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2006
    Belgium
    looks kinda delicate to me :s

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice