SC-Lite Questions

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by yee, Aug 13, 2006.

Aug 13, 2006

SC-Lite Questions by yee at 5:48 AM (1,101 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. yee
    OP

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    I am debating on whether to get this or the EZ4Lite once I get a DS Lite.

Currently, I have a DS Phat with EZ4, and I'm loving it. It's simple to use and skinnable. But the SC-Lite is about 15-20 dollars cheaper than the EZ4 from where I am going to buy, but is it worth it?

NDS compatibility as I see it only has problem with Ultimate Spiderman and the NDS Browser.

How is the interface? I checked out how to send ROMs to the SC-Lite and it does seem kinda confusing seeing as I have to open up a few programs, copy and paste files, unlike the EZ4 which is automatically sent over.

2. Peter Hacke

Newcomer Peter Hacke Member

hi!

well, i've been a supercard and m3 user for quite some time now (hadn't had my hands on EZflash though), switched recently on both my nds lite to supercard lite and i can say supercard has all you need. the supercard menu is !FAST! i mean like power up the nds and it's THERE, no delay, no saving messages etc. . saves are direcly stored while playing(saving). the navigation is very easy up/down and l-thumb (pg up) r-thumb (pg down). the menu is not skinable and has no icons but its so damn fast, that i wouldn't trade it for a M3 again.

the supercard pc-software looks also pretty basic, but has all options you actually gonna need.
    my advice is download it and look for yourself : http://scdev.org/index.php?cat=downloads
    installing the software won't break anything.

the settings under the options-button are mainly for GBA-Games. only the out-path is relevant for GBA+NDS. you can add a game (or a list of games) with the ADD button. clicking RIGHT mouse on each game brings up individual settings for each game. these settings should be familiar.

another great thing about supercard (lite) is the homebrew support.
    i've recently installed MOONSHELL, DSDOOM, SCUMM VM and everything workes great.

3. yee
    OP

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Hmmm, how about the patching ROMs part? Aren't there alot of steps?

Can you take a picture of the interface? Thanks

4. gokong

Newcomer gokong Member

United States
    Dude.. just buy the scl and find out yourself.. everything is easy 1, 2 step.

1. Load rom(s) in patcher program.. press out button ( don't worry it is a big button that says out)

2. Drag and drop the files (xxx.nds.dsq and xxx.nds.sav are the two files for each game) that was outputed into the microSD.

done!

5. yee
    OP

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Yeah, but I don't want to end up having a product I don't like and I'm not sure about the refund, haha.

So the speed is perfect right?

Once I get the three files, I just drag to the root of the MicroSD?

How hard is it to take the MicroSD out?

How about the saves? Is it like real time? I save in game, and forget about it?

6. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States

7. yee
    OP

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Great!

Now I just need a pic of the interface and I will probably pick up the SC-Lite, haha.

8. crox

Newcomer crox Newbie

United States
  9. yee
    OP

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Wow, interface isn't bad. Thanks, I'll be picking this up along with my Lite!