SC Lite freezes when I try to save.

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Tomobobo, Feb 15, 2007.

Feb 15, 2007
  1. Tomobobo
    OP

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    So I had a SC regular SD (blue one) and it ran gba just fine for the roms I was playing, saved fine all that good stuff. Ended up selling it to a freind who otherwise would have no clue what to do to get her DS playing roms and homebrew. So when my chick got a SC lite, I xfered the backed up roms onto her cart, and played a good 4 hours of Minish Cap. I went to save, and it froze up.

Now I got my own SC lite, xfered the roms again and tried to save. Same problem. I figured maybe it was because of the save being xfered from one SC to another, so I got fresh roms and patched them. Go to save, same thing. Am I doing something wrong? Are you not supposed to do the normal save for GBA on SC Lite? (l+r+start+a)

I'm using firmware 1.70. Someone in #gbatemp told me to downgrade to 1.63 but when I try I get data verify error, (yes in gba mode too).

2. Tomobobo
    OP

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Well I guess I'm screwed. I checked out SCdev.org, and apparantly there's a lot of people who can't save anymore. Sad thing is, you can't downgrade the SC lite because there's no .bin file for anything previous to 1.70. .scu updates are simply that, updates, and not a full firmware replacement. Pretty lame. Only thing I can do is either wait for romman to fix this, or have someone dump a clean SC Lite with firmware 1.63 and them give me the .bin to downgrade.

Now with all these fancy pants slot-1 solutions, I doubt romman is even paying attention to people like me. "GBA? Why would you want to play that? Saving? That sounds lame. I'm going to work on Kim Possible for the DS running on my GBA cart." Fuck I'm pissed off.

Edit: Ha! Found a sweet work-around.

http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12204

This dude sinclair44 is the man and a half. Basically it just dumps the sram to a .sav file of your choice. You can set it up to save to any .sav you want to, so you don't have to rename stuff all the time (thank god). So for anyone wanting to save GBA games with SC firmware 1.70, here you go. Just make a dumpSRAM.ini and put it in the root of your sd card, and have fun.

3. Bali

Member Bali GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Ehm, if the supercard is defective why don't you use trade it in for a better one? One that works?