Hacking SC DSTwo or Slot 2 Solution for GBA on NDS?

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some dumb comments and questions:

I guess I need to understand first how the DSLite works with GBA games. Does the NDSL have GBA hardware built in? Or is it emulated? I would like to know how well the GBA emulation on the DSTwo will work, because it would have to be pretty good to be able to do that right? I read somewhere that having GBA emulation via Slot 1 will be incredibly slow, and not worth the hassle, any truth to that?

I'm just doubting my pre-order for the DSTwo now, and maybe should until a review is out to see how good it really is. I'm not interested in using it for media like xvid etc but I am very interested in the GBA support.

thanks in advance if you can answer my noob-like questions

D

Deleted User

The DSlite actually has the GBA hardware integrated and it's not emulated if you're going for a slot 2 solution. I don't think anyone (besides the Supercard team and their testers) can tell you how well the GBA emulation of the DSTWO runs.

As for GBA emulation via Slot 1 cards being slow, I think you're confused about the general transfer rates of Slot 1 being slower than Slot 2. Since the DSTWO and iPlayer cards both use an integrated cpu (not the one from the DS) the transfer speed between Slot 1 and the main cpu doesn't matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol