SC DSTwo or Slot 2 Solution for GBA on NDS?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by sekhu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. sekhu
    OP

sekhu moo?

Feb 14, 2007
    Some dumb comments and questions:

I guess I need to understand first how the DSLite works with GBA games. Does the NDSL have GBA hardware built in? Or is it emulated? I would like to know how well the GBA emulation on the DSTwo will work, because it would have to be pretty good to be able to do that right? I read somewhere that having GBA emulation via Slot 1 will be incredibly slow, and not worth the hassle, any truth to that?

I'm just doubting my pre-order for the DSTwo now, and maybe should until a review is out to see how good it really is. I'm not interested in using it for media like xvid etc but I am very interested in the GBA support.

thanks in advance if you can answer my noob-like questions

2. Takeshi

Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Jun 1, 2004
    Germany
    The DSlite actually has the GBA hardware integrated and it's not emulated if you're going for a slot 2 solution. I don't think anyone (besides the Supercard team and their testers) can tell you how well the GBA emulation of the DSTWO runs.

As for GBA emulation via Slot 1 cards being slow, I think you're confused about the general transfer rates of Slot 1 being slower than Slot 2. Since the DSTWO and iPlayer cards both use an integrated cpu (not the one from the DS) the transfer speed between Slot 1 and the main cpu doesn't matter.

3. sekhu
    OP

sekhu moo?

Feb 14, 2007
    thanks for the info, appreciate the reply

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice