Hacking SC DS ONE users help please.....

Ad_Enuff

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys, I have a friends DS One here and I'm having some serious issues with it.

Its a SC DS One (version 1), and I have a Sandisk ULTRA II 2Gb microSD card.

I also have the latest firmware kernal installed (OS 710120 (2007.01.20) and have formatted the microSD with FAT32 and checked for errors.

I have also checked the ROM for errors/corruption and its 100% A OK!

Now, what I'm having trouble is getting Animal Crossing working. It simply hangs on using standard settings ie CLEAN ROM no trimming and copied straight to the card.

Nacho Libre also hangs and freezes....these are just two roms I'm having issues with.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

I hope nobody is going to tell me its the SC DS ONE problem with certain microSD cards and speed issues?

Thanks in advance!

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't know what the problem is, but have you tried formatting the card and re-adding everything onto it? I had a somewhat similar experience with Elite Beat Agents once...

Ad_Enuff

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From peoples silence, I can only assume that my DS ONE is defective and somewhere on the chip/board there is a problem or a dry joint or something.

I'm going to have to send it back and return it...perhaps even replace it for an R4.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's one game, it's probably your sd card. you can't send a game back because one game doesn't work. that's just stupid
sleep.gif

Ad_Enuff

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it's one game, it's probably your sd card. you can't send a game back because one game doesn't work. that's just stupid
sleep.gif

No this is the strange thing, Animal Crossing after changing ENABLE PATCH setting to OFF, which I shouldnt have to do, AC starts to work, BUT the sound is slightly choppy but the video is REALLY REALLY slow.

Some other games seem to work fine....which is very puzzling. Nacho Libra works but eventually freezes.

With SC DS ONE flash memory card issues with speed etc, I'm not really happy with it.

This isnt mine anyway its a friends and I recommnded it to him and now I feel I gave him poor advice.

My R4 works flawlessly, which is why I'm cheesed this DS ONE isnt working as it should or as good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.